microsyskl

Geovision Card - Infrared camera problems

I have a GVC-800 card(legit) with 4 infrared 480 resolution cameras. 1 run is about 150', another 90, the other 2 about 70'.

The cameras intermittently ALL seem to have one problem or another. Mostly, the screen will go black with raster lines. if I remove the infrared ring around the lens, the camera 'ususally' picture clears up. Another camera periodically gets a green hue phasing in/out. They are all new cameras and this is a new system setup.

I sent the cameras back to the vendor and he claims he set them up overnight and did not see any problems. They are 24 led, Sony chipset cameras that can be mounted in/outdoors . These problems are significant and there CLEARLY is a problem someplace.

I am using siamese cable (18 gu) and have the AC adapters (4 of them, supplied with the cameras) plugged in at the PC.

what's the camera model number and lens type?

Or a current draw on the camera and if the lens includes the LEDs, the draw on those .?

12VDC or 24VAC?

And whats their Rating .. in MilliAmps or Amps.

Rory

What is the IR spectrum of the NV cam your using?

Specifically what is the nanometer rating on that camera?

I've seen the green HUE effect you describe on low end IR cams.

Before you sent the cams back the MFG did you test them yourself on a regular monitor? Cause I take a camera you describe on a DVR and put directly to a regular monitor and the problem is gone.

Why? Simple, when you take a analog signal and put to a DVR whether PC or embeded, you save a SATURATION effect and low end cameras are typlical of this with a crappy SN Ratio.

Additionally, go with the new line of IR cams that have the LENS separator that sets outside the IR's themself.

Sorry about getting back so late but wantesd to fill everyone in on the solution.

The vendor sent me the wrong power supplies! The rating was 12v at 500ma but that is not what they were putting out. When I put in another power supply (much more reliable and not some cheap tiawanese junk), the cameras cleaned up and are working perfectly.

Go figure - I was really upset with the vendor since it put me in a bad light with my customer.

Yeah id always suggest giving the vendor/distributor the exact model number you want so you are guarenteed to get what you need. if you need help with model numbers ask on this forum someone will be able to help.

Rory