aurmol

built-in and external ip camera & access point.

Hi, I have this Dahua recorder with built in POE with address 10.1.1.1. The 2 cams also made by dahua connected fine. But an external other brand camera connected to external router with 192.168.1.1 can't go online. Should the external router ip be set to 10.1.1.1 also?

A separate question. Supposed there are 2 internet broadband access points connected to your network (I only have one but just asking in case there are two) and there is one dahua recorder with P2P access. When you access it remotely.. which of the 2 broadband access points would it use? is it random or how does it choose?

Thank you.

The 10.1.1.1 is like an internal IP just for the POE dahua cameras.

If you have another camera that you want to add, just use the remote camera menu in the DVR.

With the second question, I think the DVR will use the router configured as gateway in the tcp/ip menu.

Is the P2P function working ok with you? All my clients are complaining that it doesn't work like before.

I think is saturated.

The 10.1.1.1 is like an internal IP just for the POE dahua cameras.

If you have another camera that you want to add, just use the remote camera menu in the DVR.

but the other brand camera (jovision) won't go online when connected to a router with address 192.168.1.1. Should I set the router to 10.1.1.1 (just like the other dahua connected to the internal ip) too? or should 192.168.1.1 theoretically work?

With the second question, I think the DVR will use the router configured as gateway in the tcp/ip menu.

Is the P2P function working ok with you? All my clients are complaining that it doesn't work like before.

I think is saturated.

Well. I have to use 2 dahua NVR- 4 channel each because a single 8 channel NVR may really be saturated. Connection takes long in either but at least it still loads up. Why how many times longer did your clients experience in connecting p2p?

the subnet 192.168.1.x should work. Whats the IP configured in the TCP/IP menu ?

Before with the p2p feature it work at first try. Now it says cannot connect like 3 times an then it works.

the subnet 192.168.1.x should work. Whats the IP configured in the TCP/IP menu ?

Before with the p2p feature it work at first try. Now it says cannot connect like 3 times an then it works.

The ip configured is 192.168.1.4 and default gateway is 192.168.1.1

the internal switch setting is 10.1.1.1

so from experience you can mix cameras of different ip addresses?

In the p2p recorder that is hard to connect.. what is the numbers of cameras connected? I have only use up to 4 channels but never have experienced with using more than 4.

How is the other camera getting a 192.168.x.x address? Post a wiring diagram. I don't think it will work the way it is set up right now without some configuration.

How is the other camera getting a 192.168.x.x address? Post a wiring diagram. I don't think it will work the way it is set up right now without some configuration.

Because the external router uses 192.168.1.1. Should I set it to 10.1.1.1?

A separate question. At night in one of the dahua cameras. I need to set it to night mode so IR will turn on.. because it is still in colors even though the sides are dark. Is it possible to set the NVR so that at certain time, the night mode IR is enabled?

A separate question. At night in one of the dahua cameras. I need to set it to night mode so IR will turn on.. because it is still in colors even though the sides are dark. Is it possible to set the NVR so that at certain time, the night mode IR is enabled?

You can't connect your camera like that. You will have to connect it directly to the nvr.

I'm not sure about the night vision being turned on automatically.

You can't connect your camera like that. You will have to connect it directly to the nvr.

I'm not sure about the night vision being turned on automatically.

Let's say the dahua NVR has 8 channel but only 4 built in poe ports. You'll need a separate external router. My question is whether the router can be 192.168.1.1 and camera connected to it be 192.168.1.* and the internal poe switch 10.1.1.1.. so can these separate ip be mixed.. thanks.

Let's say the dahua NVR has 8 channel but only 4 built in poe ports. You'll need a separate external router. My question is whether the router can be 192.168.1.1 and camera connected to it be 192.168.1.* and the internal poe switch 10.1.1.1.. so can these separate ip be mixed.. thanks.
Now, I get what you're trying to do.

So, you don't need any additional networking equipment if you're just trying to add another poe camera. For that all you would need is a POE injector.

If you are out of ports on the nvr, you can add a switch (not a router) to connect the camera. Otherwise, you will need to disable the dhcp server on the router and plug everything into the LAN ports and nothing into the WAN port. (This process basically converts a router into a switch.)