Sam Spade

Help with NVR to IP Camera

Ideally, you'd just want to get a simple network bridge. There's tons of adapters to convert wired devices to wired by companies like netgear and the like. Any of these will work.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bridge-VAP11G-Cable-Convert-RJ45-Ethernet-Port-to-Wireless-WiFi-AP-Vonets-/181631815807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4a19907f

Is this what you mean?

No..dont buy off brand network gear direct from china

use one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tp+link+mini+router&sprefix=tp+link+min%2Caps%2C236

Personally, I think the tp link may be a bit more difficult to configure since it performs multiple roles than the netgear unit I linked to. But that price is quite attractive.

Personally' date=' I think the tp link may be a bit more difficult to configure since it performs multiple roles than the netgear unit I linked to. But that price is quite attractive.[/quote]

Thanks for Your reply. I live in Australia and can't buy from Amazon and Walmart( Well I can but it's a lot of messing about) so I really need to buy this type of stuff from Hong Kong or China on eBay.

I'm going to both those places, plus Japan next month so I could have a look around if I knew what I was looking for. I will print out your links and take them with me. I find the Chinese goods are very cheap and excellent quality. I think they make the items in the same factory and just leave off the brand name or rename it.

Personally' date=' I think the tp link may be a bit more difficult to configure since it performs multiple roles than the netgear unit I linked to. But that price is quite attractive.[/quote]

Thanks for Your reply. I live in Australia and can't buy from Amazon and Walmart( Well I can but it's a lot of messing about) so I really need to buy this type of stuff from Hong Kong or China on eBay.

I'm going to both those places, plus Japan next month so I could have a look around if I knew what I was looking for. I will print out your links and take them with me. I find the Chinese goods are very cheap and excellent quality. I think they make the items in the same factory and just leave off the brand name or rename it.

You should be able to find netgear products locally as well. I know their products are distributed worldwide.

While most everything is made in China, the quality can vary quite widely. Even products that are basically the same brand with the name left off can have significantly higher failure rates (5-10% vs 1%) and even more horrible support. You get what you pay for. I'm not advocating buying the most expensive, but buy things that have a proven track record and a value for what you're paying.

it.
You should be able to find netgear products locally as well. I know their products are distributed worldwide.

While most everything is made in China, the quality can vary quite widely. Even products that are basically the same brand with the name left off can have significantly higher failure rates (5-10% vs 1%) and even more horrible support. You get what you pay for. I'm not advocating buying the most expensive, but buy things that have a proven track record and a value for what you're paying.

My wife has a Chinese phone which is just as good as my Samsung Galaxy.

Did you know that the Chinese phone "OPPO" out sells the iPhone? and has better specs IMO

I'm off to bed now, it's1am

My wife has a Chinese phone which is just as good as my Samsung Galaxy.

Did you know that the Chinese phone "OPPO" out sells the iPhone? and has better specs IMO

I'm off to bed now, it's1am

I don't doubt there's some great products out there, but Asian 'service' is much different than in the western world. Plus, the ethics are different too. Defect rates as high as 20% are not unheard of. When you get a good one, they're great, but when you don't you just lost some money. I'm not a gambling man, so I'd rather pay a bit extra to get what works.