Sign in to follow this  
metuckness

Determining Camera Lens

I have a HIKVISION DS-2CD2532F-I camera but i am not sure what lens it has, any way to determine that? The specs on the webpage say 4MM is standard and 2.8 and 6 can be found, but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks

I have a HIKVISION DS-2CD2532F-I camera but i am not sure what lens it has, any way to determine that? The specs on the webpage say 4MM is standard and 2.8 and 6 can be found, but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks

it will say it on the camera near the serial number..

Thanks

Shoot, camera is mounted outside already That is what made me think of changing the lens to a 2.8 if it is indeed a 4MM because I am not seeing people standing close to the door. I see them walk up, but not standing at the door so they can hide and I cant see them till I look out the peep or try and review a recording real fast before I check the door.

Thanks

Shoot, camera is mounted outside already That is what made me think of changing the lens to a 2.8 if it is indeed a 4MM because I am not seeing people standing close to the door. I see them walk up, but not standing at the door so they can hide and I cant see them till I look out the peep or try and review a recording real fast before I check the door.

if you didnt specify its most likely 4mm...can you angle the lens for a better view?

Thanks

this Lenses may also suffer from uneven, radially decreasing image brightness (vignetting) or distortion. Move your mouse over each of the options below to see how these can impact image quality in extreme cases.

It should also say so on the sticker on the box.