commando

Standalone HD IP camera system

Hello All!

I want to make a stand alone HD IP camera system

monitor & ptz > 100meters ethernet + poe > IP camera with (pan tilt)

No internet connection, no wifi

i tried Beaglebone but i conclude can't handle HD video. FPS is about 5

Next choice is a mini ATX pc with embedded cpu but i want just power up and shows image.

i also read a the http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35868

Q: "How do I view my cameras on my TV/Monitor?

A: Con... http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1049 but

But this connects on a network over Wifi. Same thing with a Ethernet connection will be The best!

Im looking http://www.bobjgear.com/which-tablets-support-ethernet.html.

i want to keep in 300 Euro budget

Any Ideas guys?

I searched for a while for a compact device to monitor cams with, and the best success by far has been with a Windows 8 tablet - in particular, the Winbook TW700, which is small but inexpensive. It's got a full-size USB connection as well as a micro-USB for power, so you can connect any ethernet adapter that Win8 supports. Mine's using wifi, and pulls 5W.

It's not powerful, so may not work for many cams, but it's hard to beat for the money, and has been super reliable for me.

I'm not recording with it, and it's been monitoring a Dahua cam 24x7 for 6 weeks now with no drop-outs, shutdowns, or any issues at all.

I tried several Android tablets, and they just couldn't keep running 24x7 without the apps crashing, loosing connectivity (both wifi and ethernet), etc.

Thanks for your reply!

I will make a search about it, its a nice idea.

I also find some with embated Ethernet but are chinese tablets.

Do you thing a media player could may work?

I will try it tomorrow, I will let you know.

7" its to small. I'm looking over10" monitor

Actually a 15" is the best!

The Winbook TW700 has a micro-HDMI port, so you can run any size monitor from it. You could mount it to the back of a display and connect a bluetooth mouse and keyboard for a full-blown system. One of the benefits is that it's regular Windows 8.1, so it supports a ton of accessories.

It's really an amazingly robust little system for the money if you don't need a lot of horsepower. Read the Amazon reviews for more detail.

You can also buy larger Win8 tablets, but by the time you get to 15", you're looking at a full-blown convertible laptop that's pretty expensive.

These are available from Microcenter for around $50 open box, but since you're pricing in euros, you probably don't have a Microcenter near!