wuzzzy

drivers and software for eyemax dvr-9120

does anyone know or have the drivers for the eyemax dvr-9120 or the username and login where i can download it from their website or how to get one? i tried contacting them via email and got no response. any information would be appreciated. thank you

Call your eyemax dealer they will provide you with one. This has happened due to the fact that people were buying clone cards and using their software.

Please stop posting a login .. if you "are" from the above mentioned company then please PM them the login .. if you are a company rep then im sure you wont want google to pick it up?

Did you ever get your drivers/software for the eyemax dvr? I'm having the same problem. I have an eyemax dvr web cam system, and I had to reformat the computer due to viruses. Now I need to reload the drivers/software, but when I go to the eyemax dvr website, they don't respond to my e-mails for the username/password. I'm frustrated because the camaras are useless until I can get the software...

Call your eyemax dealer they will provide you with one. This has happened due to the fact that people were buying clone cards and using their software. Also on the case of your DVR is a serial number you will need this to get the software.

The problem I'm having is that I purchased a business from another person that included the eyemax system -- therefore, I do not have an eyemax dealer. That kind of leaves me out in the cold...

You tell me the unit serial number and I can help you all eyemax have a sticker on computer case that is the unit serial nunber of the unit. With out the serial number I cannot help you.

hey i know this is over 2 years old but i need help with my eyemax9120, my motherboard crashed and took with her both my hard drives containing all information and drivers, i just veryfied and i do have an original card i can even take pictures from it, i need the drivers so anyone that can help me out please do, ill look for my serial number in the card because the case doesnt have one... thanks...

1. Where did you get this dvr from.

2. Have you tried to contact them for the software.

3. Where are you at.

4. What version software did you have.

5. What version chip is on the capture card.

6. Most likely if you do not use the same motherboard chip set ext it will not work.

7. I need more than pictures like a note with the capture card with the date the picture was taken.

Sounds strange to me 7 years and I have never lost a motherboard and 2 hard drives at the sametime. Yes I am leary until proven differant sorry.

i got it from a technician i used to know, i think the name is ISA Conections in San Diego California, i have contacted him and he doesnt have it on his back ups nor the username and password, he says he remembers where he saw the store (eyemax) on his way to LA on the side of I-5 when he went to look for another password but he says he believes the name was changed...

as of version of software i really have no idea, the card has a lot of numbers but ill take some pictures right now, ill take a few taking the capture card out of the pc and with a newspaper maybe? or something that shows the date, i understand that i have to prove its a legal capture card...

also i cannot pm anything right now until i make another 3 post so ill make them right now...

feel free to ask me anymore questions as i depend on the CCTV card for the security of our patients (Rehab Clinic)

Thanks

and i forgot to state that i have been trying to contact eyemax many times now, with no response, and i dont want to end up having to buy another card... so... here come the pictures... i took some with this computer and the thread on the screen for time proof reasons...

I'm kind of in the same position. I'm a technician working on a liquor store's surveillance system. They had an EyeMax DVR 9240, and the motherboard has failed (multiple capacitor failure, typical of P4 motherboards) the final coffin nail was a power outage with repeat on/off cycles of power from the utility.

The machine is unrepairable, save a new psu and motherboard which the mb can only be bought used as they are long out of production (i.e. junkyard/ebay take your chances)

The store bought a new e-machine and had copied the software to the HDD, along with some of the old surv. video, which of course completely filled the drive and caused the system to act like a box of rocks. I installed a 1TB secondary drive, was able to mount it in the dvr software, but the problem is this... the card fits as there is one PCI slot, and vista knows about the card but its built in drivers do not treat it properly (i.e. they do not show it providing COM ports for the cameras) and therefore all you get is a cannot find COM1 error when starting the software, with no apparent remedy. All other program functions seem fine (all adjustments and such are accessible) I called Eyemax and they were extremely unhelpful, the liquor store owner is a foreigner with English as a fourth language and does not remember who he bought the system from or who installed it. I wanted to D/L the latest version of the software from Eyemax but they will not provide me with a UN and PW, English is their fourth language too apparently. Granted, at the time I did not have access to the box as they had packed it away. Now it's apart on my table, and I can see the labels. If I PM the SN to you can you get me a login so I can get the software? or better yet, do you know if this will even work on the vista platform or should I backpedal the new machine to XP? (won't be easy, they don't back write drivers for most mfr's) that or I can just build a cheap XP box and stick a SATA card in it for the TB drive and go that route. I just need to fix it one of those ways, and quickly.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Justin

I found a motherboard that is still in production (new) from BIOStar, the P4M900, which supports the original P4 CPU, has onboard video and PCI slots as well as PCI-E. SATA and IDE both as well. Says it works with XP, which would mean the XP version of the software and drivers would work.

I still would prefer to get the card working in the completely new computer instead of tarting up the old one. So help me out guys!

Sincerely,

Justin

See your problem is the older cards and software do not like vista. Also if you want it to work proper you will replace the motherboard with one just like the one that came out of it as eyemax cards and software is very hardware specific in what works. All motherboards are not the same you need to find the right intel or asus motherboard.

You seem to be having a problem speaking from fact.

OBVIOUSLY the best repair would be to drop in the exact same motherboard. A five year old should know that. But in this case, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO SO.

So I need to know:

- Is there a card driver for Vista that works or not?

- Can you help an authorized user get a copy of the latest software or not?

(I can give you the unit serial number, which you gave as your excuse for not providing the other gentleman with the software or UN/PW for the EyeMax site)

- Is the software compatible with vista or not?

I realize that you are trying to help, but I'm not interested in conjecture.

I can conjecture without help all day. I need FACTS and VALID OPTIONS.

The same motherboard is NOT AVAILABLE. It is not available REFURBISHED or USED or ANY other way, so that is not an option.

The software appears to work properly in vista, except for the ability to have the capture cards chips treated like numbered COM ports.

Well name calling will not help your case and as far as not helping the other person you might want to talk to him before you open your mouth and talk about things you know nothing about as he was helped you on other hand you wish not to listen to someone that has offered you advise you have provided no information so I WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE SOFTWARE I HAVE TRIED TO TELL YOU TO USE 1 OF 2 MOTHERBOARDS INTEL CHIPSETS 815 TO 945 IF YOU DO YOUR HOME WORK YOU CAN FIND THE RIGHT MOTHERBOARD AS FOR VISTA THERE IS SOFTWARE BUT I KNOW NO ONE THAT IS USING IT XP IS STILL THE OS OF CHOICE GOOD LUCK WITH THE CLONE SOFTWARE AND I WILL NOT GIVE A NON DEALER THE DEALER USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

MY IDENTY IS NOT HIDDEN AS I WORK IN A STATE THE REQUIRES A STATE LICENSE AND A PROFESSIONAL COMPANY.

I apologize if I offended you somehow, my last post definitely had some sarcasm but there is no name calling in it.

I spoke with someone at EyeMax today and they say it is NOT vista compatible. They DID say that they experience stability problems with MB chipsets other than Intel with regard to the NB and SB.

Since these "other" brand chipsets (VIA, SIS, nForce, etc.) are in heavy use in computers all over the world, that has to mean that the problem is they haven't bothered to re-write their software to accommodate any of them (i.e. more cost effective not to). After all, they do sell it with their own supplied hardware configuration. Which is great and limits problems... until a part breaks that is no longer available.

With that in mind I am going to attempt a MB replacement anyway, and see what happens. I have two boards, both NIB, one of them older tech (DDR, P4) the other one is newer tech (DDR2, PCI-E, P4). I will try the older one first as it seems the best chance rests with that one.

Either way, EyeMax's customer service is poor. I have a business license myself, just like you. If they wanted to verify any of my information they could easily have done so. They could of also asked me for the serial number of the unit I'm working on. But they did NEITHER. It's easier to tell me "call a dealer instead". The first person I spoke with in tech support here in CA said that I needed to speak to a dealer and I said, 'Great, give me the number to one of your dealers' his response was 'I don't know who our dealers are.'

Sounds like a winner to me.

The second EM office (Texas) I called was much more helpful, providing all of the above information, and is calling me back tomorrow with a dealer list in my part of the state. Nice that someone can be bothered to do their job.

I know us customers can be such a pain to deal with.

automaton79 Sorry if I do not jump when you speak you read what was requested from others it was a photo of the card and ser number of the unit send it to my PM I will compare it to a true Eyemax card and if it is a true Eyemax card I can help you with your software problems also photos taken on a dated news paper will help prove it is your card in hand. Sorry if my demands are a little high but that is the only way I give out more than typed support due to the fact of clone cards in the market.