wuzzzy

drivers and software for eyemax dvr-9120

Now it isn't letting me upload anything else. I'll try again later. However you can see the EyeMax factory sticker on the front of the case.

When I post the SN I will blur it out, as I don't want anyone else to use it to get software.

Anyway, I managed to re-assemble the computer with a new PSU, MB, CPU, memory, processor, two new hard disks, with the CD-ROM, computer case, and processor fan/heatsink being the only original parts retained.

I also managed to get a copy of the latest recording software thanks to a user who will remain anonymous (thank you for your trust and your expediency). It installed flawlessly and I was able to set everything up perfectly.

However, it does crash the recording software at random, as tech support said it might. It seems to be a particular DLL causing the issue, though I don't recall the name ATM. d**6.dll or some such, I'll note it down tomorrow.

I am running all Windows Updates, as the machine was a fresh install of XP Pro SP2, to see if it is related or corrected there but I doubt it. I'm guessing the DLL causing the problem could be re-written to solve the issue, but EyeMax won't do it because they can sell new machines faster when the old ones aren't repairable. Can't say I blame them, it's a sound business decision. But it sucks for companies on a budget who need some help. It's also liable to influence the consultant for the business to choose another company to provide the replacement system.

I am going to see if I can frankenstein from a dell I have lying around that I know is intel NB/SB if all else fails, and that should yield me the stability we need. Though I will have to put a SATA card in it, as both the drives are now SATA (500gb & 1TB).

Welp, there's your update.

-Justin

Oh... and... Dated newspaper?

This is some lame software package from some lame little company.

If it were my computer I would have seen how many times it took to run over it in a 4x4 to destroy it.

I wouldn't buy any of their stuff with someone else's money.

I'm certainly not going to jump through a bunch of lame hoops to get someone's help who clearly is more interested in protocol than assistance.

Help or don't, the choice is yours.

Hard to say why you're here at all if all you do is NOT help and make up these rules of yours.

I'll give you a little tip (since you are a PRO technician, obviously omniscient, you probably already know this one). Most digital cameras these days store a type of data called EXIF and incorporate it into the JPEG pictures taken. The EXIF data contains many things, the camera settings at the time the picure was taken (like the f-stop and exposure timing), sometimes a GPS location if the camera has the feature (pretty neat that one), oh... it also has the TIME and DATE in it.

No need for a newspaper... just join us in the new millennium.

Glad you got it work good luck in your venture in things you do not understand. Yes the software and hardware is done for a specific market and you choose to to want your way but I have rules to follow because this is how I make my living not work on 1 one time a year. Good luck but you should remember a DVR is a tool that must run 24 hours a day 7 days a week and not crash so it is important you follow the way it is designed and build it buy the specs not the way you want to do things. ADMINS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD THIS MATTER NEEDS TO BE CARRIED NO FURTHER.

Thought I would mention, I found the reason for the instability and it wasn't the motherboard chipset or the recording software after all. One of the memory sticks was bad. I diagnosed it after other items on the machine started failing (namely windows updates). After removal the computer has operated steady as a rock.

So apparently it doesn't have to be on an Intel chipset board to work after all.

Imagine that. So hey EyeMax, I found a board you can test with your software that works. I'm so sure they'll run out and buy one now.