mrcpu

ivms-4200 storage server, cannot add storage

Noob ivms ?.

We are trying the IVMS 4200 software, have been using the geniusvision software, and it (the gv software) works fine, but figgered we'd try this out again, as it's been a few years, and things have changed.

All installs just fine, but some weird stuff in the storage server configuration.

I added the Storage Device, it shows up, lets me select Remote Config, but then it goes down hill.

My test HD shows up as Unformatted, but nothing I do will let me select the box in front of the drive so that the Format button is enabled. It is a 1TB ISCSI volume, but windows sees it just fine, and lets me copy data to/from it, it's mounted as an NT path, as well as a drive letter.

Fine, I'll just configure a share, and add it in the NAS settings, well, nope, that doesn't work, there's only an apply button, no Add.

I can configure a schedule, point it at the storage server, it all seems to be clicking, but odd things appear in the menu, like when I go to Server -> Storage Server, the serial # looks like DS-NVR-blahblah, and the Device Type is "Storage Server", but under event, it has all the settings to do Motion detection, and stuff like that. Which seems out of place. If I go to one of my cameras, all those things work like they should.

I'm running the 2.0.11 release that came on the CD with the new cameras. I've run as administrator, tried different things, made sure firewall ports were open, disabled the firewall for testing, I have to be missing something obvious, but I don't know what it is.

Oddly enough, we use the hikvision software on some old analog cameras, and it just works peachy for it's purpose.

Any tips appreciated, I'm certainly cool with taking a discussion offline, as I realize this is kind of noob, but I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reconfigured, blahblah, it's driving me bonkers. Or there's some hidden configuration page that doesn't work through the client, but I've tried everything I can think of.

Any help much appreciated.