AVCONSULTING

IP Addressable Cameras & NVR Software

March ISC show is coming up faster than you think and I am going to start gathering information on IP addressable cameras and associated recording software. Outside of the obvious like Axis, Samsung, etc. does anyone have experience with some great IP cameras and software? This is the big new security area and I expect a whole slew of vendors to show up.

March ISC show is coming up faster than you think and I am going to start gathering information on IP addressable cameras and associated recording software. Outside of the obvious like Axis, Samsung, etc. does anyone have experience with some great IP cameras and software? This is the big new security area and I expect a whole slew of vendors to show up.

i dont want to mess with them, too much like a web cam.

Some of the I/P adressable cameras are actually quite good, I guess the problem is that there are a lot of crappy ones out there and there are also a lot of people who don't know how to use them, I dont mind them but the cost as apposed to the cost of a DVR system is a little bit too expensive. many of them will compress data now which is a good feature however most do not have the facility for recording data and the ones that do will only record small amounts, therefore you still need a DVR at the other end anyhow.

I think this is the future of it all though, there will be a lot of CAT5 cable run everywhere in the next few years and I can see a strong need for the ability to remotely focus or adjust cameras and settings and this will be very easy to do with I/P cameras.