Mavrik

Manufactures are PC hacking us

I just found on my Dahua IP camera that there is two embedded accounts that the manufacture installed. If I port forward this camera, someone else will have full access to my camera and a backdoor to my PC. This is BS. I can't delete them, they are password protected. Take a look to see what you have under "account". You should only see your created account.

The PSS software that came with this camera wouldn't work, won't even let me enter IP data or anything. I believe this only loaded a virus. My computer has been running slower ever since I installed/uninstalled this program.

You should check your camera from any manufacture for added accounts and personally I wouldn't use their DNS server.

I just found on my Dahua IP camera that there is two embedded accounts that the manufacture installed. If I port forward this camera, someone else will have full access to my camera and a backdoor to my PC. This is BS. I can't delete them, they are password protected. Take a look to see what you have under "account". You should only see your created account.

The PSS software that came with this camera wouldn't work, won't even let me enter IP data or anything. I believe this only loaded a virus. My computer has been running slower ever since I installed/uninstalled this program.

You should check your camera from any manufacture for added accounts and personally I wouldn't use their DNS server.

oh boy, please, please do some research before you post stuff like this - this topic has been discussed many times here...Change the passwords on those accounts...

Also remember that they would still need your ip address to access the account...it would be the same for your admin account if you dont change your password...regardless, port forwarding is not secure because all ip camera firmware is susceptible to hacking and the manufactures are slow with patches...use vpn not port forwarding and you wont have this issue...

How are they hacking your pc though your camera? although technically possible you dont explain why you believe this is the case...That type of hack would work whether they had your account info or not..

There is no virus on pss software...in your other post you say ispy is infected with a virus, with no basis...what are you using for anti-virus? its giving you a false positive..upload the file to virustotal and you will see..

Sounds like you have an affiliation with this enterprise.

No i dont...i actually recommend hikvision most of the time although i install both... based on your other posts it seems like you are a novice and simply don't understand how these cameras work....please do some more research before you start crying wolf...

Keep in mind that analog cams connected via a DVR with internet access have the same concerns...

There are security concerns with every camera brand..the firmware is always full of holes...but how is having an additional account any different that the admin account? You make it sound as though you found evidence of some sort of hack when that is not the case at all..there is a ton of info about the additional accounts on this forum or others...

Also it always amuses me when folks think someone from a major manufacturer like dahua or hikvision is on these boards...they could care less...in fact they dont want you buying or using their cameras, that is why they only support and warranty cameras sold through authorized distributors, most of whom do not sell to end users..

270058_1.jpg

Sounds like you have an affiliation with this enterprise.

Hi it's very simple .... Dahua have there own DDNS service also cloud back up

But the vendors you buy from can't give you the access