bbqbrisket

ip camera does not show up under net-survelliance

I'm using Internet Explorer and I have 4 analog cameras and 1 ip.

after logging into the DVR, I only see the 4 analog but the ip does not show up.

I tried adding to "Compatible Viewing" the ip address of the ip camera but it still does not show up.

Any help...thanks

I'm using Internet Explorer and I have 4 analog cameras and 1 ip.

after logging into the DVR, I only see the 4 analog but the ip does not show up.

I tried adding to "Compatible Viewing" the ip address of the ip camera but it still does not show up.

Any help...thanks

it sounds like there is too much data trying to come through on the IP camera so it is not connecting, especially if the IP is 1080P, ... make sure you are viewing in 'sub steam' and the encode settings for sub stream is set up for D1 or lower, you may also change the FPS to 10/15 to lower the bandwidth .. also, is this a hybrid DVR? if it is then you need to make sure it is configured correctly. If it is not then the IP camera is not compatible.

i will try your suggestions. It has worked before but someone played around with it and I don't know how it was originally set up.

i will try your suggestions. It has worked before but someone played around with it and I don't know how it was originally set up.

Try finding the 'encode' settings and change substream (or extra stream) to D1, then Frames Per Second to 10/15, this will lower the data rate.. and make sure your bit rate is Variable (or VBR). Hope this helps!

still no go

the first column is for your main stream, that is for local viewing so you can set that at the highest resolution of the camera (960P,1080P), your Frame interval (FPS) should be 20/25, and the quality can be 'better' or 'higher' (whichever one your system uses).

The second column is for your substream/extra stream. It should be D1 or CIF.. never QCIF. D1 is the best for that one. And the frame interval would be 10

first thanks for the help

stll....no go.

as you can see the frame internval in the first column is only 10...it only goes up to 12.

33878662_encode2.jpg.b10ff55931ec78dc684d4febd351b00d.jpg

first thanks for the help

stll....no go.

as you can see the frame internval in the first column is only 10...it only goes up to 12.

is this an analog DVR? and you have 3 analog cameras and one IP camera? the IP camera will not work with analog. Did you say you did have it working? this must be a hybrid system if so... you need to check the channels. Can you please send me a shot of the settings menu? youre welcome BTW

Yes, I do believe it is a hybrid

I have 4 analog and 1 ip.

My router is an combo from Comcast/Xfinity modem and router Technicolor TC8305C

encode3.jpg.a449b3483f0f8be098f86005ec3ca412.jpg

settings.jpg.a70123f60020742885bd1753ec1b73df.jpg

1185057965_NetServiceheadings.jpg.07d2de14c020267a6de4b7493fccdae4.jpg

Yes, I do believe it is a hybrid

I have 4 analog and 1 ip.

My router is an combo from Comcast/Xfinity modem and router Technicolor TC8305C

i see. check your channel set up.. go to the main menu and there should be an icon for channel set up

so far all i see is channel info

ok, go out of the menus and then right click once and go to 'Guide' (hopefully your NVR is the same) then you will click through the menus until you get a list of IP address (Manual mode for mode selection). The bottom box will have the all the cameras which are connected to the NVR. The list should say connected on all but the 1080P, so click on that iP address and wait for a few seconds... make sure it says admin under username and is there a password on the camera? if so, you will need to update that.

ok....good...i think we;re making progress here. " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

The ip address that shows up for camera 5 is not the correct ip address of the camera; i know it is the default ip address.

I have since changed the ip address to 10.0.0.15.

I did a right click to try to change it but it looks like I can only add another and delete this one.

1950293299_deviceconfig.jpg.ccabe185c51565e6eb914c73d5fefd5a.jpg

I just added a new device with the correct ip and it works now.

I did not delete the other with the incorrect ip. Does it matter if it stays there?

thanks for the help

I just added a new device with the correct ip and it works now.

I did not delete the other with the incorrect ip. Does it matter if it stays there?

thanks for the help

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> yeah!! I would delete the old address