Sign in to follow this  
joe1965

powerdome / cnm instal

hi,

im looking for a bit of help with regards an install at home so here go's

first of all my components.

cnm secure dvr, 8 channel H264 or what ever video compression, with ptz control ( supports pelco p, pelco d,)

2no concept pro external, day/night camera's

vista powerdome 18.1 model number vk-s634e-c fitted with a vpp- rs 485 board ( telemetry type, vista, pelco d, pelco p, rs485.

as im using one ptz the board is also terminated,

im using cat6 cable, pair for tele, pair for video, and 2 pairs for power ( 24vac )

i also have a vista keyboard/joystick vkbd3i

every thing is rs485, until i opened the keyboard, it only has 2 rj45 plugs on the rear

concept pro cams work great.

im getting video from the ptz, after she finishes her test sequence and the auto focus seems to work

i have the ptz set up as pelco p at the dip switch and the address is set at number 3, baud rate is at 9600, jumpers 16-17 set at 1-2 for t/p mode, telemetry is wired up to terminals 18 - 19 rs485 + and rs485 -

there is an analogue board fitted in the ptz not sure what this is, and also a rj45 plug, this i have fitted to the rear of the keyboard still no differance,

been through the cnm dvr set up menu there is 9 on board protocols so i chose pelco p, baud at 9600 address is at 3 and i cant get any control.....

am i missing some thing ? i would like to use the keyboard so could do with help there.

should also state, the camera go's through a test sequence and the following comes up on the screen

camera s/n : 9108112806

camera id :0252 (hard)

baud rate 4800 bps

protocol n/a

model vpp-h3od

camera temp 28c/82f

fanspeed 6060

yoke ver: v06(100024)

control ver: v01 ( 100520)

menu ver v04 ( 100820)

telemetry ver v01 ( 100310 )

this must be the the cameras own internal setup how do i access that ?, protocol n/a ? this i think might be the problem

internet states the keyboard will operate a stand alone vista ptz, how ?

well there you go, any help is very much appreciated, and thank you in advance

hello,

right i have sorted out the protocol, seems i had my dip switches the wrong way up, camera now states pelco d.

but still no luck

hello,

right i have sorted out the protocol, seems i had my dip switches the wrong way up, camera now states pelco d.

but still no luck

Hi. Also you have stated you used Baud rate 9600

In your camera data feed back it says it's set to Baud rate 2400

Just as protocol these must also be the same

Hi

been through the cnm dvr set up menu there is 9 on board protocols so i chose pelco p, baud at 9600 a

Sorry 4800 you camera shows is settings

Hi all,

After all the sorting out it seems the camera was at fault.

I have been given a like for like replacement set up the camera to the cnm secure dvr and it worked fine, i now have ptz control.

My next problem seems to be the built in alarm, i sure the vista cam has a built in memory, when alarm is triggered it goes into a set tour, as this is still in the setup i can not set up a new tour with out clearing the previous tour,

I have linked to a vista vkbd3i keyboard through the rj45 pins 4 and 5 and i have no control, this i understand might be a learning curve with regards to the buttons used and in which order, i have the instructions i downloaded from the net,

Not sure if i need to set up the address dip switches on the rear of the keyboard,

With regards to the alarm from the camera to the keyboard i could do with a wiring diagram at the rj45, i might be able to clear the alarm in the camera memory,

I do hope this has made sense, please pick up on any mistakes i have made as you only learn from them, and from the sounds of it i need to make a few.

Thanks