DVRTECHMAN

Pelco Spectra IV "Configure Error" and noise on video

Hello

I have one Pelco camera Model: DD4CBW18 Spectra IV SE Ver: 1.06. When I boot the camera sometimes I have noisy distortion in the video especially in the bottom where there is some text and also on boot mostly will tilt the camera and hardly the pan motor turns. After it boots I am getting the error "configure failed". I tried another camera with the same results. When I tilt the camera to the top it automatically pans 180 degrees and that tells me that pan motor is working. I did a master reset with the same results. I would appreciate any feedback on this problem.

Thank you

Sounds like you might be under powered.

What is your camera distance from power and type of cable used for video / data and power

Sounds like you might be under powered.

What is your camera distance from power and type of cable used for video / data and power

I am using it on my test bench, the wires are about 3ft only and tried the camera on 2 different back boxes and 2 different controllers. I have other Pelco IV cameras and I don't see that problem with them. Is it possible the slip ring or one of the circuit boards is defective?

Hello

I have one Pelco camera Model: DD4CBW18 Spectra IV SE Ver: 1.06. When I boot the camera sometimes I have noisy distortion in the video especially in the bottom where there is some text and also on boot mostly will tilt the camera and hardly the pan motor turns. After it boots I am getting the error "configure failed". I tried another camera with the same results. When I tilt the camera to the top it automatically pans 180 degrees and that tells me that pan motor is working. I did a master reset with the same results. I would appreciate any feedback on this problem.

Thank you

You tried another camera module? Was it the same model number? Pelco has used many camera modules in their PTZs and each one typically requires different firmware.

Hello

Thank you

You tried another camera module? Was it the same model number? Pelco has used many camera modules in their PTZs and each one typically requires different firmware.

Yes I did with same results. Is there a way I post a photo of the video in this forum?

Yes. Upload the picture as an attachment (under "Upload attachment" below where you type your post), then click "Place inline". See below:

cg_202.jpg.a761b6386074ae19f2ae7aa6ac3dfc1d.jpg

Yes. Upload the picture as an attachment (under "Upload attachment" below where you type your post), then click "Place inline". See below:

Pelco-no-distortion.thumb.jpg.89f5720be60ee8c15b4d1b3816293783.jpg

Sorry. I asked my PTZ Tech and he says he's never seen that problem with Spectra IV's. I suggest contacting TLS Electronics directly. They carry the parts and can often help with troubleshooting. 888-590-9923. TLS Electronics

Sorry. I asked my PTZ Tech and he says he's never seen that problem with Spectra IV's. I suggest contacting TLS Electronics directly. They carry the parts and can often help with troubleshooting. 888-590-9923. TLS Electronics

Thank you very much for your help.