Zyra Tech

Geovision - strange problem

I'm using a Geovision 8 cam card with seven cams. Everything works great locally.

The problem is when I try to view the system remotely. I can see the first four cams great. When i hit "next" the system crashes. It actually shuts the entire program down.

I've about had it with this system. Any advice?

Hi,

I am having a similar problem when trying to access geovision from a remote location. I am using the multicam remote view system client. I am connecting ok while on my local network, but if I go to a remote location I cannot access it. Somebody told me that the ports of the cable modem are not open, but it is hard for me to believe that this is the case. It seems more like a configuration problem, probably on the server side. Any ideas?

I have never seen the Next button on any geo product that I can remember and I have sold thousands and thousands..

As for watching internally and not being able to watch remotely.. what are the I.P. adresses you are using?

Here is a check list:

1/ Make sure that you have set your I.P. for your geo machine to be a permanant address otherwise it will use DHCP and will change all the time.

2/ Make sure you have an actuall permanent I.P from your ISP it can be done without it but is a lot messier

3/ Make sure your modem is only a Modem not a Router/Modem if it is yes you will need to forward ports.

4/ Make sure you have set the TCP tick box to ON in the System Configure/ General settings section otherwise the system may reboot (if you set it too) and it has not been told to start again, you can turn it on under the main screen but that is for using until it reboots.

5/ The remote view client is software, make sure you used the same version as the software you loaded on your machine.. to check this check the .exe file that is in the root program directory by right clicking it and to check the client at the top there is an info or about section that will tell you what version it is...personally I would not use the TCP client only the web cam. do the same steps above if you change it.

6/ Check that your ISP allows uploads and does not block the ports you want to use, some cable mobs do not allow uploads.

try this and let me know the following...Version, Router or Not, allowed uploads.. I should be able to help you from there on

Regards,

GC

6/