dave1983

Hikvision NVR No-IP ddns update problems (0.0.0.0)

I have had this problem occur twice already in two different NVR models and ISPs/locations. I correctly configure the DDNS settings using "no-ip" from the dropdown box, the NVR successfully updates no-ip and everything looks good for a while until all the sudden the system doesn't resolve correctly, and the no-ip host shows 0.0.0.0. Has anyone else seen this? I would think that this is an NVR problem, but it happened in 2 completely different cases.

I'm wondering if using the customer's own router might be a more reliable choice, but these are often replaced by ISPs. BTW, on the NVR side, I use google's 8.8.8.8 dns server as the primary dns, so I doubt resolving the no-ip updater is the problem.

I have had this problem occur twice already in two different NVR models and ISPs/locations. I correctly configure the DDNS settings using "no-ip" from the dropdown box, the NVR successfully updates no-ip and everything looks good for a while until all the sudden the system doesn't resolve correctly, and the no-ip host shows 0.0.0.0. Has anyone else seen this? I would think that this is an NVR problem, but it happened in 2 completely different cases.

I'm wondering if using the customer's own router might be a more reliable choice, but these are often replaced by ISPs. BTW, on the NVR side, I use google's 8.8.8.8 dns server as the primary dns, so I doubt resolving the no-ip updater is the problem.

What wrong with HIK own DDNS ?

Hik-online.com

Hik-online.com

Good question, I will have to give them another try, I can't remember atm what problems I had in the past... Have you ever seen this using Hik's ddns?

Hik-online.com

Good question, I will have to give them another try, I can't remember atm what problems I had in the past... Have you ever seen this using Hik's ddns?

All my HIK customers using HIK DDNS

No problem