jigs

HELP!NEWBIE needs help - CCTV for an Office & Home!Look

Hi All,

New to the site so please go easy! I am currently trying to draw up a list of kit required for two jobs. I have an a qualified engineer to do the work but has left it to me to choose and purchase what I want/need:

Requirements:

Office - Located on a corner location but has some lighting from the street lights. Needs to have visible cameras outside which can each cover 15 metres to cover each door. Two cameras inside but these need to be more covert (which will be used predominantly during the day - no night security needed inside)

Home - Need four cameras preferable not large and bodied prison style cameras!Need to be more discreet but semi visible. two overlooking the front drive away, under the eaves(ie placed just under the roofline) -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the drive and the other narrow). Two overlooking the rear garden, under the eaves -fitted on each corner (one wide angle to cover the whole garden and the other to look on to the lengh of the house at the rear). Placing one more camera facing the door area at just below 1st floor height(under an eave facing down)

For both - Should be able to record onto a standalone dvr, view the recordings over the internet and also be able to watch through a number of TVs present.

Specification - I have come up with but not sure...

Office:

• 1. 2xSDN-520P FX KIT SAMSUNG SDN-520P DAY/NIGHT CAMERA WITH 3-8mm DD ASPHERICAL LENS INSIDE TPH-1000-12V EXTERNAL HOUSING
    2. 2x Colour Domes High Resolution Colour Sony CCD 520TV Lines 1Lux Varifocal 4-9mm
    3. 4 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
    4. Power Supply Dantech

Specification - I have come up with but not sure...

House:

• 5a. 4x CC70 W/proof IR Colour Bullet 3" High resolution EXVIEW HAD CCD Sony High resolution 500TVL (see here
http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/colour_sony_ir.htm )
OR
5b. 4x Colour W/proff IR Bullet SONY 1/3 CCD 480tv 42LED Infra-red ( http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sfid=100851&c=78626&i=113605616 )
6. Colour IR Dome 420 Sony CCD
7. 8 Channel 160GB DVR with Network/Motion/CDRW/VGA Output
8. Power Supply Dantech

For both Locations:

• 9. Cables - RG59 75 ohms x 100m
    10. Cables - 8 core Alarm cable (for 12V) x100m
    11. Connectors - BNC x50
    12. RF Modulator
    13. Trunking
    14. Mains Cable

Advice needed on all aspects and...

a) Are my choices ok for the requirements? Im on a tight budget but want the best value for money and quality so med priced kit.

b)What types of power supplies are suitable?what type of dantech?

c) The two dvr's (4ch and 8 ch) which one? Where from?

d) Which are better 5a or 5b??? Am slightly concrned about spiders too from everything I read!

e)What are the alternatives for 5? (around £150)

f)Any suggestions for 6? (around £90) Needs to be 10 metres coverage with IR.

g) What types of lenses do I need to for the cameras above?

Thanks in advance for all the help and advice,(apologies for the long winded post!)

Jig:)

sometimes when the other guys see something that long they get scared off .. or maybe just missed it .. i was away myself .. will take a look at it later on today for you.

rory

sometimes when the other guys see something that long they get scared off .. or maybe just missed it .. i was away myself .. will take a look at it later on today for you.

rory

Thanks Rory, I just carried away and wanted to make sure I provide as much info as possible!

If you can have a look when you are free that will be great!

Thanks

Jig