Sign in to follow this  
aduong01

Swann NVR8-7300 and NHD-815 - Access and Info Help Request

Hello,

I am a newbie in the CCTV and Security Camera area. I recently purchased the Swann NVR8-7300 system with NHD-815 camera. I have searched online and in this forum but there aren't much information available for this system or this camera.

I would like to ask for the members help with the following items:

*What other Swann camera or another brand that the NVR8-7300 can accept? I bought a HKVision DS-2CD2032-I camera but the system would not see it even after changing the IP address to the same address as the other cameras on the system.

*Can the NHD-815 camera be setup using the IVMS-4200 software and how? I also tried access the camera using the SADP software but was not successful.

Any suggestion would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anh

I have the NVR8-7250 and have added a HikVision DS-2CD2032-I easily. Just plugged it in and it found it very easily. It is the same camera that comes with the NVR, just rebranded, and custom firmware.

If you can't see the camera with SADP, or the NVR, or IVMS, I would suspect something wrong with the camera. Are you sure it is powered and connected ok with no cable problems? Try a factory reset on the camera? You should see the IR lights glowing red as it boots up at least.

I have the NVR8-7250 and have added a HikVision DS-2CD2032-I easily. Just plugged it in and it found it very easily. It is the same camera that comes with the NVR, just rebranded, and custom firmware.

If you can't see the camera with SADP, or the NVR, or IVMS, I would suspect something wrong with the camera. Are you sure it is powered and connected ok with no cable problems? Try a factory reset on the camera? You should see the IR lights glowing red as it boots up at least.

The HikVision DS-2CD2032-I camera cannot be seen by the NVR8-7300, but works fine with SADP and IVMS.

the NHD-815 camera works fine on the Swann NVR8-7300 but cannot be seen by SADP or IVMS.

Thank you for the inputs.

Oops, misunderstood your original post.

I guess I can't really help... I have a similar NVR, but not the same. It's quite possible that they've changed the firmware in such a way as to limit the use of other cameras except their own.

I would think the NHD-815 should work on IVMS and be seen with SADP. But who knows what they've (Swann) has done with the custom firmware on that cam either.

The 7300 NVR family with corresponding cameras are *not* manufactured by Hikvision.

No software or hardware produced by Hikvision will interface with these systems.

Only the currently available NHD-815 is fully compatible with the 7300 recorder.

This is interesting. I can confirm the NVR8-7300 also works with the NHD-810 cameras (rebranded Hikvision)

I have such cameras and have the NVR8-7300.

This is interesting. I can confirm the NVR8-7300 also works with the NHD-810 cameras (rebranded Hikvision)

I have such cameras and have the NVR8-7300.

The 810 are not rebranded hikvision.. That's why it works..