Sign in to follow this  
loufire

De-warping Fisheye with NVR

Hey all. Hopefully someone can help me out here. We are starting to install alot of fisheyes for our commerical clients. Up until now we have been using GenIV Nvrs (Dahua) with HIK IP fisheyes. Everything works great, but I am getting complaints that they cant de-warp in the NVR interface. All they can see is the native 360 image. For de-warping they have to use the Smart PSS VMS which works great. Does the HIK NVRs have a de-warp function built in to the GUI or are we stuck using VMS to fully use these to their potential?

Thanks!!

Loufire,

May I ask you some detailed explanation where the fisheyed cameras are being used?

If the cameras are to selectively de-warp 3~4 regions of interested region in the warped video, then they compress those de-warped video and sending those compressed bit streams over to an NVR or video server. Then a normal/ conventional softwares or hardware NVRs could display back those videos of interested region. Can the cameras find a good market to justify the development costs?

Apology for making you confused. I asked those questions because of lots of fish eye cameras that you are installing, as you said. If the market is promising, we are willing to supply chipset solution as well. That's why I asked you the question.