Sign in to follow this  
russ997

Adding existinge IP cams to Hikvision NVR

Hi

I hope somebody can help.

About 12 months ago I purchased four DS - 2CD3332-I Hikvision turret cameras (Chinese versions but all configuration menus are in English)

I set them up, learnt how to port forward, set up a no-ip account and they have worked perfectly ever since both locally and remotely.

I have now decided to add an NVR so have purchased a Hikvision DS-7604.

I have plugged the cameras into the new NVR poe's but for some reason the NVR cannot detect the cameras.

In addition I have purchased another 7604 NVR and four more DS-CD2332 cameras (all UK versions) for another location. I plugged the cameras in, the NVR detected them and it was all set up in 5 minutes, so I know how easy it should be.

So my challenge is now to work out why I cannot connect my existing cameras to my new NVR.

My thoughts are:-

1 - Because the cameras are already configured to my network, perhaps they need the port settings/IP addresses tweaking for the NVR to recognise them?

2 - Maybe I need to do a factory reset on the cameras to put them back without settings so that the NVR recognises them?

3 - Possibly the cameras need a firmware update?

4 - Maybe Chinese cameras simply dont work with UK NVR's even though they are the same brand?

I have not tried either a factory reset or a firmware update as I have read in other threads that sometimes these Chinese cameras will revert back to Chinese language and will no longer work.

Interestingly, if I open the SADP software with the NVR and cameras all connected to the router seperately, it immediately recognises both the old cameras and the new NVR, so that can find everything.

I would really like to get this to work and I am sure it is something fairly simple that will enable me to add the cameras to the NVR.

Unfortunately it is above my level of understanding and knowledge (which I appreciate is pretty limited)

Can anybody give advice? It would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.