CraigVM62

Looking for the "Mini Me" of enclosures...

I have several very small "box" type cameras that, with lens attached are less than 6" long. I wish to utilize them in as small of an outdoor / weather proof enclosure as I can find. Smallest I have found so far is still much larger than it needs to be. Anyone know of a very small, but decent quality enclosure ???

cctvproducts_1888_649377.jpg

Just installed a couple of Pelco EH3508 Series 8" . The mount is EM1450.

It's cheaper if you purchase them as a package. Very nice housing. I am sure someone here will give you pricing. Good luck!

Those Pelco Housings look like they would be perfect. Just enough room for the camera / lens and cable turns. Yes, the cameras are Honeywell.

These Samsung SSC-HOUS's are very good on looks and quality. They are weather sealed and can be used outdoors. They are hard to find but can be had for about $45 each if you look around. They will hold a small box camera with a auto iris zoom lens with no problems. 5.8"x3.9"x10"

http://www.samsungcc.tv/Portals/0/GVIProductImages/352/SSC-HOUS%20Spec%20Sheet.pdf

If you search SSC-HOUS "descriptions" on ebay you might find some.

From the photo, it looks very "rain safe" which is an issue here in the northwest. Found a few sites selling them near the price you mentioned. Guessing the bracket is an additional accessory? Thanks for pointing those out.

That’s funny, I am looking for the same kind of enclosure myself. The camera I have is a Sanyo VCC-4594 with AI lens. That Samsung enclosure looks great but the specs say "Use: Indoor".

Any other small outdoor enclosures that someone can reccomend?

Whatever housing you eventually go for, it's worth considering that if it's an extremely snug fit, should you place the unit in full summer sun, the temperature inside the housing could rise to a point where you are effectively cooking the camera.

Whilst there may not be any suggestion of problems in the short term, it can significantly reduce the service life of any camera, no matter how well built.

Thanks Cooperman, that is something I will have to consider. We don't get near the heat other parts of the country have. I also found this enclosure from literature at my distributor. It has the option of a sunshade also as shown in the photo below. Pelco EH2500 series and about the same dimension as the Samsung houseing

21473b_small.jpg

Thats more of what I was looking for. Good find Craig.

Anyone have any actual experience with this enclosure?

Also Rory, what have you used in that Bahamas heat. Do you see camera baking being a problem with enclosures this small?

GE has decent dust proof housings. .. i use them and we even painted them black, even with the metal sun shield ... they work fine .. the housing itself is made of ABS plastic, and they have been through hurricanes, and salt air.

Rory

From the photo, it looks very "rain safe" which is an issue here in the northwest. Found a few sites selling them near the price you mentioned. Guessing the bracket is an additional accessory? Thanks for pointing those out.

The mount and all the mounting hardware is included with the Samsungs. I'm using 6 of them that get hit with direct rain and snow and they don't fog at all. They have better seals then my all weather inclosures. They are very rugged with a thick aluminum body, heavy duty construction and silicone seals.