Securame

AVTech AVM459AP/F28F12, where to start?

I have a customer with 4 of these cameras and he knows nothing about them. He used to have a NAS as NVR, but has been long gone, and the cameras have been hanging on his house without doing nothing at all.

Now he wants to get the system back to life, and I am trying to do so. I hope to bring him to Hikvision, with an NVR, some new cameras, and I would like to try and reuse the existing cameras (with ONVIF, at least for recording, even if I am unable to do motion detection). But I do not even know how to start with these units, and I seem to be unable to find any manuals on AVTech web site (he doesn't have any boxes, CD, manuals, or anything).

The camera has a wire for reset. But even if I were to reset and bring it back to defaults, I would not know what is the default IP, or how to find it (something like SADP for Hikvision). Anyone that has used AVTech can tell me where to start?

Thanks!

avtech1.thumb.jpg.55b7bd660097ed6317dd3293e4192c30.jpg

avtech2.thumb.jpg.04f1939d7dc9d3b0b6d999f204c4980f.jpg

I think there are other ways, but the method I use is this, using Wireshark:

- Connect the cam directly to a PC (or through a dumb switch) with no other network connections.

- Start up Wireshark. There should be no network activity.

- Reset the camera and wait while it boots.

- Wireshark should show a variety of messages, and one or more will be similar to one of these. The XXX address is the cam's current address:

“Gratuitous ARP for XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX”.

“Who has XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX? Tell 0.0.0.0”.

Default Password should be user name:admin password:admin and if he downloads VideoViewer 0.2.0.6 Software program on the computer and connect the cameras via a poe network switch to his modem the software program will search for the cameras automatically or you can download a IP Scan tool.

Another option is to purchase a avtech 4 channel nvr which is much more stable.

If you need links just let me know.

Cable Description

Power cable Connect to DC12V power supply.

Note: The power adapter is optional.

RJ45 network cable Connect it to the supplied RJ45 cable extender adapter for cable extension, and prepare

another RJ45 network cable with suitable length for your connection.

GND Ground wire, used for reset default or external device connection.

Alarm-in* Reserved for connecting to an external alarm device. For details, please refer the user

manual of your alarm device.

Alarm-out* Reserved for connecting to an external alarm device. For details, please refer the user

manual of your alarm device.

RESET Remove the insulating coating of this wire, and twist it with a ground wire together to reset

default. This will reset all parameters, including the IP address to factory default settings.

Note: Disconnect power before twisting these two wires together, and connect to

power again for reset default.

I am quite sure I already replied to this post with a "thanks" when you gave me the info, because it did help me out.

No clue on why there is no post now, maybe somethjing broke on the forums, or maybe I had just posted somewhere else and the forum gave me the warning that I am posting too much and I need to wait, and I did not realise.

So just in case, thanks again!