Sign in to follow this  
LP-Vanderwerf

Avigilon Camera System - Newbie Help

My company is currently using Avigilon cameras in our stores and viewing them through the control center remotely. Each of our stores have approximately a 1mg internet line coming into them for the cameras. However, when we review the cameras remotely, we crash the system. Can you advise what settings I should change based of the attached pictures to address this issue? We need to be able to review them and keep some level of clarity. Thank you in advance for your help!

SnipImage.jpg.c12e481ab40d15b3d6c4ba0e8ca8a883.jpg

SnipImage.JPG.e000611e47502bf7f0f81070095724aa.JPG

SnipImage-1.jpg.89d8b85198e19c203935aae719a219a8.jpg

When I pull up a single camera, the store internet circuit will drop offline for a few minutes. The provider of the internet told me we are overloading the circuit. The second issue is when we pull a single camera it starts to overload the circuit and out NEtEng department shuts off the switch. The signle camera will pull over 10MB in a few seconds.

First thing you need to do is figure out how much bandwidth you have and/or paying for.

Then you need to check the "change display quality" setting and make sure it is set to no more than "high (default)"

You have "max bit rate" option from the camera that you will need to adjust. Be default the max bit rate is 12Mbps you can change this limit much lower until you find a happy medium between image quality and bandwidth.

You will also want to look at the "image rate" and "keyframe interval". Reducing the image rate will reduce bandwidth and you will want to match the "keyframe interval" to whatever you set the "image rate" to.