Sign in to follow this  
shdes

How to make wireless you ip cams

For the normal wired ip cams like Hikvision's or Dahua's. How do you make them wireless? I know the NVR needs a wifi router.. do you need to connect a second wifi router to the ip cam.. how do you make the 2 wifi routers connect to each other? or what exact equipment do you need to connect to the ip cam such that when searching in your NVR. the wireless Ip cams would appear to the menu?

For the normal wired ip cams like Hikvision's or Dahua's. How do you make them wireless? I know the NVR needs a wifi router.. do you need to connect a second wifi router to the ip cam.. how do you make the 2 wifi routers connect to each other? or what exact equipment do you need to connect to the ip cam such that when searching in your NVR. the wireless Ip cams would appear to the menu?

Just add a wireless access point into the existing network. You should be able to connect to either the camera IP or the NVR IP through that.

Just add a wireless access point into the existing network. You should be able to connect to either the camera IP or the NVR IP through that.

Lets say my dahua NVR is connected to a router with wifi... the camera is located in another building 7 meters away. If I connect the camera to the access point with say ip address 192.168.1.5. Will the NVR see it as one of the camera in the search menu? Or should I connect the router with wifi to the camera and the access point to the NVR? What is usually the case. I have zero experience in access point and want to have rough idea before buying any access points. Thanks.

Lets say my dahua NVR is connected to a router with wifi... the camera is located in another building 7 meters away. If I connect the camera to the access point with say ip address 192.168.1.5. Will the NVR see it as one of the camera in the search menu? Or should I connect the router with wifi to the camera and the access point to the NVR? What is usually the case. I have zero experience in access point and want to have rough idea before buying any access points. Thanks.

What I think you want is a wireless bridge. You plug your camera into a second wireless router and bridge it into the network your NVR is on. Not all routers will work in this mode though so check around. Google how to set up a wireless bridge for instructions on the web.