jolly_82

No public ip problem - how to solve?

Hello everybody,

In these days I’m “playing” with two IP cams:

The first is an indoor NC200 (TP-Link), I was looking for a wireless repeater and NC200 is also a cam, good combination in my opinion.

It has no so many features, still no time to investigate, the main feature I LOVE: the cam connects itself to TP-LINK cloud and from mobile app I can reach it wherever I’m

The second is an outdoor AP009 (Sricam). I’ve bought just to take confidence, not so bad, I’ve configured e-mail alert, ftp upload, etc good results for low price.

It has also an mobile (ios + android), the App scans inside local network and finds the cam, once it is connected, it goes well

It has a DDNS function that would allow me to do the same when I’m out from Home.

My problem is that I live in Italy, in the country and my internet connection is not by cable with an dynamic/static PUBBLIC IP address. I’ve a WIFI LINK with a repeater on the mountains and I can’t “get” out from ISP router.

So if the CAM works like the TP-LINK one, auto-connecting with the producer clout/app sustem, it works, otherwise I can’t see what is happening when I’m not at home.

Now I’ve solve with the outdoor cam which is uploading every 3 minutes a pic to the ftp site, I don’t like this solution, too raw…

Is there an outdoor cam similar to AP009 with same connection thank NC200 one?

greetings from Italy and thanks for your help and advices,

Andrea

Hello everybody,

In these days I’m “playing” with two IP cams:

The first is an indoor NC200 (TP-Link), I was looking for a wireless repeater and NC200 is also a cam, good combination in my opinion.

It has no so many features, still no time to investigate, the main feature I LOVE: the cam connects itself to TP-LINK cloud and from mobile app I can reach it wherever I’m

The second is an outdoor AP009 (Sricam). I’ve bought just to take confidence, not so bad, I’ve configured e-mail alert, ftp upload, etc good results for low price.

It has also an mobile (ios + android), the App scans inside local network and finds the cam, once it is connected, it goes well

It has a DDNS function that would allow me to do the same when I’m out from Home.

My problem is that I live in Italy, in the country and my internet connection is not by cable with an dynamic/static PUBBLIC IP address. I’ve a WIFI LINK with a repeater on the mountains and I can’t “get” out from ISP router.

So if the CAM works like the TP-LINK one, auto-connecting with the producer clout/app sustem, it works, otherwise I can’t see what is happening when I’m not at home.

Now I’ve solve with the outdoor cam which is uploading every 3 minutes a pic to the ftp site, I don’t like this solution, too raw…

Is there an outdoor cam similar to AP009 with same connection thank NC200 one?

greetings from Italy and thanks for your help and advices,

Andrea

Just so I understand your issue correctly, your ISP provides your internet connection via a 802.11 b/g/n link? Are you sure it is not a 3G/4G Mobile data link?

Post up a photo of the modem you are using. I suspect you actually have the latter and you can get a Dynamic DNS service which will fix your issue.

On roof of my house there is a 5ghz directional antenna and a very small router in a insulated box.

The link is around 1,5/2km link to a repeater on top of a mountain which is serving all the valley.

This router is property of ISP and i can't manage it, only access to monitor the status, no possible to configure. From this router on the roof a network cable is getting in the house and inside i've "my" WAN router i can set as i want (port forwarding, nat, etc).

I've asked to ISP to have a public IP, they have said it is possible but i should pay around 100 euro more per year. I would avoid it.

The TP-Link cam is very cheap model (40 euro), but is good for my needs, by cloud connettivity i'm able to "touch" it. Soon should be available also the upgraded version with IR/night vision

I'm wondering if there would be something similar for outdoor.

What's the IP on you WAN port? Is it a 192 ip?

You can also google what is my ip address, and it will tell you your public IP address.

What's the IP on you WAN port? Is it a 192 ip?

You can also google what is my ip address, and it will tell you your public IP address.

OP has no public ip...thats the point of his post...he is not using a traditional internet provider.