excessum

Problem remotely accessing h264 dvr CCTV, 'Login failed'

Hello,

I am trying to set up a CCTV system primarily for remote viewing and have encountered problems with both the remote web, and mobile viewing.

I have fowarded the ports on the netgear router it is connected to, and on port scanning tools they are open.

The ports i have opened

80 (web)

9000 (for content delivery over web)

100 (for mobile)

To give more context to the setup:

I am trying to connect via mobile with

DNS is set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Default gateway is 192.168.0.1

It's a PROKAM 8 ch h264 DVR box running software version V20120813

I also have DM'zd the cctv's box's ip as a short term measure to figure out whats going on.

The router has DHCP enabled from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.250 and the CCTV is statically assigned 192.168.0.251.

Local login (192.168.0.251) works fine, using either the dynamic dns or remote i.p brings up the access page but upon pressing log in it says "login failed" with nothing else. Mobile viewing responds with server unavaliable.

This to me sounds like a networking issue but all the ports i believe are required are opened and even scanning as open.

I have also reset the passwords many times and removed them just to ensure it was not an authentication error.

I dont have the original manual as it has been running offline for quite some time, but was i right in assuming the only change i need to get it to work remotely (ignoring the dynamic dns for now) was to forward the ports?

I hope someone can help, as i am genuinely stumped.

UPDATE: It is working from my location using IE Chrome tab to login via the web, so i assume its an issue with their IE/ActiveX setup that was preventing it working as i literally loosened all active x security measures to prompt.

If someone could walk me through step by step how to connect via mobile i would be most grateful.

Current settings for MEye :

host: dynamic dns server

port: 100 (is port fowarded)

username: admin

password:

No password currently set on the DVR box.

I also have the same setup using the external i.p instead with the same problem (just to rule out dyndns issues)

Thanks.