pikach

Connect door bell to Hikvision PCNVR or NVR

I have a 5 camera system connected to a pc using storage service to record on PC.

I would like to know if its possible to connect my door bell to the camera alarm input channel to trigger my PC to switch the 5 camera view to only enlarge for a certain period of time and show the camera facing my door when the door bell is pressed.

1. I know its possible with some traditional dvrs, is it possible using the alarm input or further more connect a IO usb device to pc,?

2. is it at all or only possible with a Hikvision NVR that has alarm input to trigger the live view setup to change?

3. if none of the above is possible would it be possible thru the camera alarm input wire to trigger the pc view to change?

If you already have the system up and running, why not give it a try? You just need a wire to close the contact on the camera alarm input, and some time on your computer.

I know it would be doable without any problems on a Hikvision NVR, and I trhink it should be doable too on a computer (I guess you are running iVMS-4200 PCNVR?)

If you already have the system up and running, why not give it a try? You just need a wire to close the contact on the camera alarm input, and some time on your computer.

I know it would be doable without any problems on a Hikvision NVR, and I trhink it should be doable too on a computer (I guess you are running iVMS-4200 PCNVR?)

Yes I have the iVMS-4200 PCNVR but how do I set the alarm to trigger the view to change?