bigback7

Surveillance Vehicle

Hi everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me. I am looking to fit my sprinter van with all round cctv, (Surveillance Van) and I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding make and models of cameras preferable maximum zoom, dvr type, voltage which type of batteries, infrared spectrum.

I know this is a big request for my first question, but one can only ask.

Will

the CCTV vehicles I have had involvement with usually run off mains a generator system thus allowing use of all mains equipment.

Using the mains generator will mean you don't flatten your vehicle battery if you are on day long duties / events.

for added height they employ pneumatic telescopic poles which extend out of the roof of the van via fold up/down roof section at rear of vehicle, you could fit a double or triple mount to each pole, 2 poles would give you 2,4 or 6 PTZ'S-

small factor cameras with good performance like Predator cameras or Bosch metal mickey style allow 360 continuous rotation, various models thermal etc. Any vandal dome style cameras bolted onto the sides/rear of vehicle should suffice for viewing perimeter of vehicle if safety is of concern directly around the vehicle.

fit dvr/nvr of your choice along with control gear and job done, would fit a suitable rated UPS or similar to protect kit from any surges etc from the Generator- added protection to your expensive electronic gear- A MUST in my opinion.

Fitting out of mains supplies / circuit breakers etc should be done by a qualified electrician.

Fit a 19" rack type rail system - most CCTV kit is available as rack mount = neat and tidy.

Fitting of desk layout if you want it to look real nice - use professional people to level of shopfitters etc.

you want easy access removable panels etc to access the rear of the units for connections etc.

And if you are doing a long stint in the vehicle a comfy seat - with easy to remove option- so you can access kit without being hindered by a bulky seat.

This layout is not cheap and is NOT the only way to do such a project- take from it what you will- you could scale back to suit your budget- or do it in stages over a period of time. Look forward to the photos of the completed project. Good luck.

jazzar

Thanks for the prompt reply, very informative. The only problem i will have is a power supply as most of my work will be covert to a certain degree. So i would have to run on leisure batteries as many as it takes.

Once again jazzar thanks for the info