Sign in to follow this  
djmurm

Installation pricing

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have researched some past articles, most were pretty old.

I have a business installing mostly AV equipment, residential and commercial. I also install CCTV equipment, maybe 10-20 installs per year and I do service calls for some department stores through a contracting company. So I don't do a lot but I know my way around these systems.

I wanted to see how other people are charging for installations. I'm usually pretty good at quoting jobs but I have a quote on a project that is a little larger than usual. Plus I would love some input for my future installs. Its only a 12 camera install but 8 of the runs are up to 1000' and the other 4 around 300'. All the runs will be secured about 30' high which I will be using a ladder or a scissor lift. The company has a lot of things in the way which will be moved be them as I need it moved. So, this could be a real pain in the butt. I will be installing additional electrical outlets also. The system will be a HD-TVI system. Of course, it will be connected to the network for remote viewing. I will also be installing a network bridge to transmit the internet signal from the office where the router is located to the DVR mounted in a lockbox in the warehouse. If anyone sees a problem with this set up please let me know.

Any general thoughts on installation cost would be greatly appreciated for this job or for the cctv industry period. The project engineer mentioned he has 3 companies looking at the project so I want to be competitive but the project needs to be profitable.

Thank you

Dave