rory

new quote

ok guys i got a quote for the largest bank here in the bahamas. it is to upgrade all systems to DVRs from tape. Plus add a few new cameras, and fix/replace any old ones that dont work good. They want 2-3 months at 5pps.

Anyway, as they have different numbers of cameras at each locations, from 4 cameras, 6 cameras, 8 cameras, 11, 12, 15,16 etc. What size Hard disk space would you suggest in this case, not knowing exaclty how long each will record with motion. I am using Kalatel DVRs, so brand is not a question. What is , is that I know from previous installs, 8 cameras @ 5pps on a seperate DVR and mux, on a 320GB does 28 days recording. Now I also noticed the all in ones at 2.5pps is just as fast as 5pps on a seperate DVR and Mux. I was concidering working it out at 2.5pps, and just using the calculations like this:

4 cameras @ 2.5pps - 160GB - 56 days

this would be for a 24 hour gas station, which would mean the bank should get more than that, so I could say 2-3 months. Then for locations with more cameras I just double the cameras and hard drive etc, to get the sizes needed. Sound right??

Here is an example of the number of cameras per location:

Locations Camera Amount

1 12

2 15

3 16

4 8

5 11

8 20

9 4

10 12

11 6

12 3

13 2

14 5

Being that 4 channal DVRs and 16 channel DVRs are a huge difference in price, would you just quote the same size all around or quote it specific to each location, like i was going to. In other words I was going to quote a 4 channel 160GB for 4 cameras, 10 channel 320GB for 8 cameras, 16 channel 640GB for 13 cameras, 16 channel 1000Gb for 16 cameras, etc. They all are the same physical size, but just have less buttons on the front and less inputs on the back.

Anyway, any suggestions please let me know. And by the way, no sorry, i wouldn't consider PC based systems for this job, too much maintenance and time consuming These DVRs have to fit in existing cctv lockboxes also.

As for cameras, they have so many different brands per location, even bullet cameras in some, but the bullets are the newest and they dont want to change the ones that work. The majority of new cameras they have are everfocus traditional color camaras. Should i just quote their new cameras the same, using everfocus, or use a better camera that i was going to quote them on. I was basically going to quote Kalatel all around, as they have some good new cameras also, but everfocus is much cheaper. But remember this is a bank.

But also, keep in mind other companies are quopting the job, and may use cheaper parts, cameras etc. I guess my main question is the DVR hard disk sizes, whether to keep them the same all around (which would mean some wont doo the whole 2-3 months like the 16 camera locations) or do them each specific for each location. I am also going to quote single channel DVRs to just replace their existing VCRs with, as a lower price option.

Thanks

Rory

ok puting the quote i on wednesday guys, will let you know what inspires

ok guys i got a quote for the largest bank here in the bahamas. it is to upgrade all systems to DVRs from tape. Plus add a few new cameras, and fix/replace any old ones that dont work good. They want 2-3 months at 5pps.

Anyway, as they have different numbers of cameras at each locations, from 4 cameras, 6 cameras, 8 cameras, 11, 12, 15,16 etc. What size Hard disk space would you suggest in this case, not knowing exaclty how long each will record with motion. I am using Kalatel DVRs, so brand is not a question. What is , is that I know from previous installs, 8 cameras @ 5pps on a seperate DVR and mux, on a 320GB does 28 days recording. Now I also noticed the all in ones at 2.5pps is just as fast as 5pps on a seperate DVR and Mux. I was concidering working it out at 2.5pps, and just using the calculations like this:

4 cameras @ 2.5pps - 160GB - 56 days

this would be for a 24 hour gas station, which would mean the bank should get more than that, so I could say 2-3 months. Then for locations with more cameras I just double the cameras and hard drive etc, to get the sizes needed. Sound right??

Here is an example of the number of cameras per location:

Locations Camera Amount

1 12

2 15

3 16

4 8

5 11

8 20

9 4

10 12

11 6

12 3

13 2

14 5

Being that 4 channal DVRs and 16 channel DVRs are a huge difference in price, would you just quote the same size all around or quote it specific to each location, like i was going to. In other words I was going to quote a 4 channel 160GB for 4 cameras, 10 channel 320GB for 8 cameras, 16 channel 640GB for 13 cameras, 16 channel 1000Gb for 16 cameras, etc. They all are the same physical size, but just have less buttons on the front and less inputs on the back.

Anyway, any suggestions please let me know. And by the way, no sorry, i wouldn't consider PC based systems for this job, too much maintenance and time consuming These DVRs have to fit in existing cctv lockboxes also.

As for cameras, they have so many different brands per location, even bullet cameras in some, but the bullets are the newest and they dont want to change the ones that work. The majority of new cameras they have are everfocus traditional color camaras. Should i just quote their new cameras the same, using everfocus, or use a better camera that i was going to quote them on. I was basically going to quote Kalatel all around, as they have some good new cameras also, but everfocus is much cheaper. But remember this is a bank.

But also, keep in mind other companies are quopting the job, and may use cheaper parts, cameras etc. I guess my main question is the DVR hard disk sizes, whether to keep them the same all around (which would mean some wont doo the whole 2-3 months like the 16 camera locations) or do them each specific for each location. I am also going to quote single channel DVRs to just replace their existing VCRs with, as a lower price option.

Thanks

Rory

Look forward to hearing what happened.

Two things.... as you said it is a bank.. do not skimp, Banks tend to have a budget anyhow so its a good chance you can go in with an expensive quotation.

I would recommend using the same DVR for all sites, therefore if anything goes wrong you could keep one in stock (or they could) and you could then swap it out automatically.