Lunchietey

Hikvision software version compatibility

Hi, First off, I am an IP NOOOOB!

I am just about to buy some Hikvision cams and NVR for the house and just have a basic question in regards to camera software updates being different between cameras.

I am looking at buying a total of 4 X DS-2CD3332-I Domes for under-eaves locations (software version 5.2.0) and 3 bullets DS-2CD2232-I (software version 5.2.5) for the exposed locations at the front of the property and over the workshop entry.

If all of these are to be connected to a Hikvision NVR DS-7604/08NI-E1/4P(-E2/8P)/A.

Is there an issue using cams with different software versions or is this a non issue? All will just be running 1080p except the front door cam at max resolution and may reduce a few to 720P for bandwidth/storage space reduction if needed or maybe just restricted frame rate?

Hopefully it will all be ok as I would like to get these on their way to meet certain construction schedules and arrival of items I'd like to protect.

Thanks!

My GUESS is that the version mismatch is a non-issue.

But I just bought a Hikvision camera, nice price, nice camera, works fine BUT... firmware version issues abound, especially as many (most?) of the cameras readily for sale appear to be Chinese versions (not just made in China, but made FOR China) that have been reloaded by the vendor with US firmware, often hacked.

I almost made a mess of mine trying to update it to the latest - it became unusable, and only by a lot of reading (including here) and trial and error recovered it.

It is worth doing some reading on the subject before you buy. I am likely to buy more -- the camera itself is very nice, great image, functions fine with all software (I am in the middle of trialing various software). But it is something to go into eyes open.

Well I have taken the plunge and have the NVR and 3 cams on their way(fingers crossed)

I have seen the how to's on loading new versions onto the cams and also unbricking so hopefully one way or another I end up with a reasonable system. I'm not a 'fiddler' so once it's working I won't touch it unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. I don't care about fancy functions, just want reasonable image quality for general home surveillance.

Thanks for the reply