fas

Need b/w vandal proof domes for bar

I did a lot of searching on this forum for setting up cctv in a bar. It seems a lot of you like the whizkid domes. The bar I will be working in is low light. Anyone have an idea on pricing for these cameras? Also, any difference using a dvr vs pc based system for a bar? Thanks.

i got 6x WZ30's BW High Res in my jeep to install tonight/tomorrow ... after i finally get a nap ill open them up and let you know ...

As for the DVR .. what do you mean ..?

Rory

apparently the owner ordered the 420TVL versions .. oh well, still better than the bullets that were there hopefully . The WZ30's come setup for wall mounting and conduit access .. so its a PITA having to setup for ceiling mount ... 1 hour and only got 2 setup ... suggest the WZ46's for easier setup .. unless you have time on your hands and need very small domes .. these dont have a 360 gimble like the WZ46's but they are fairly adjustable .. seem like they could see down the side of a wall .. they are small and vandal resistant & weather resistant. The high res is quite a jump in price, but we can always switch the guts for a high res later on .. easy to snap out the video board only .. will take some photos ..

Rory,

Why are they a pita to ceiling mount? Also, if you are not using conduit, how do you protect the holes? with screw in covers? That's not really the safest or best method. Do they make a unit with no holes in the box?

They are ceiling mounted, so the hole is againt the ceiling.

They supply conduit screw in piece for the single side conduit outlet if not used such as in my case - as with all Vandal Domes that are wall mountable. Also, silicone is used to seal all holes or cracks such as the screws into the ceiling as well as that side conduit outlet. Basically the same as all other domes ive used, except much tighter inside as it is such a small dome.

Remember though, no Domes should be exposed to direct rain as none are designed to be waterproof.

In this case, these are set for wall mount by default, so cables have to be rerouted through the other hole, and the camera board has to be reveresed, means taking off all the little screws and putting them back on .. basically taking it apart. The WZ46 is much easier, but then larger also and more $$.

Edited by Guest

I see domes outside all the time, and they are exposed to rain. Are they special?

All domes have the conduit screws?

Most Fixed Camera domes, are not designed for waterproof enviroments.

Ofcourse sealed properly with silicone anything can survive - how long though ..

at most the manufacturer suggests they be mounted under a cover, eave, or similar.

Edited by Guest

I see domes outside all the time, and they are exposed to rain. Are they special?

All domes have the conduit screws?

What you want to do is check a domes Ingress Protection rating. I had a chart somewhere, but can't find it at the moment. You can search google for it or maybe somebody else can post it.

Rating of IP66 is good for outdoors.

ok, well I just found out the guy wants the cameras mounted over the cash registers. Do you suggest I use a different camera since you had so much trouble with the wz30? Also, there is a sheetrock ceiling with apartments above and no attic!!!