Sign in to follow this  
Evader53

Lightning Strike! Recommend DVR replacement?

We have five CTRT ADT cameras installed around our home for security and up until recently have been using an old DVR that recorded very poor quality (pictures below show current setup) which was installed in the home when we purchased it.

Recently, we had lightning hit the house and shorted out the DVR so its time for a new one, and we'd like to be able to view recordings at whatever the max quality the cameras will record. It would also be great if we could connect it to the internet to view screen shots of the images at any time from any location, but this is not a requirement. I've tried to do some research but just can't seem to find solid info.

Can you guys please recommend a good, reliable, name brand DVR? Willing to spend $500 give or take.

Thanks in advance!

The models of cameras are one of these: TRT7212W | CTRT7212G | CTRT7550W | CTRT7550G.

EDITED: Boogieman corrected me, as I had originally thought the cameras recorded HD. Post edited to correct information.

Below is a picture of the current dvr thats in there

273893_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Boogieman,

Thanks for the reply. I'm unsure of the exact model but its one of these: CTRT7212W | CTRT7212G | CTRT7550W | CTRT7550G.

Thanks again to all for any help.

Boogieman,

Thanks for the reply. I'm unsure of the exact model but its one of these: CTRT7212W | CTRT7212G | CTRT7550W | CTRT7550G.

Im not understanding..do you simply want to replace this dvr and use the analog cameras?

You say you have HD cameras? what models? where are they recording?

The cameras you listed are not HD cameras.

My bad, I had thought they were HD cameras, I will update my original post to reflect that.

Correct, we want to replace that Tyco ADT DVR, which is fried and use the five cameras already installed around the house (CTRTxxxxW/G models listed earlier. I'd just like to make sure whichever DVR we purchase, we are able to maximize whatever quality those cameras put out.

Thanks again.

Boogieman,

Im not understanding..do you simply want to replace this dvr and use the analog cameras?

You say you have HD cameras? what models? where are they recording?

The cameras you listed are not HD cameras.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is for my parents home so they would not be able to install the new cameras without my help, and that will be a few months down the line.

Would the DVR with that package work with the existing non-HD cameras that are already installed?

Thanks

Thanks for the recommendation. This is for my parents home so they would not be able to install the new cameras without my help, and that will be a few months down the line.

Would the DVR with that package work with the existing non-HD cameras that are already installed?

Thanks

"Supports 1080p/720p HD MPX cameras and standard analog cameras"

Evader,

Simply buy an analog DVR 4 Ch or 8 Ch, costing around U$50 on the internet market, if you think you can save cameras. Most DVRs old days were for CIF recording, nowdays most of them are for D1 or WD1 (960H). So the quality has improved a lot with much lowered price. Remote access over internet or smart phones have become default.