tswirka

Video system with multiple monitors

Boogieman:

She is a He.

I didn't expect anyone to make a trip and install anything for free.

I am not employed by the dance school.

I don't think a public forum is a place for name calling, so I will not post anything further here. I guess I should have kept "Thanks for confusing the he!! out of me" private.

You are an ungrateful loser, who got pissed when you were provided with multiple methods of accomplishing your task. You then proceeded to post passive aggressive responses and further took the extra step to PM expressing your disappointment as to my delivery method. For gods sake I posted LINKS for you. Its is very obvious that your are completely incompetent to complete this task. Why anyone tasked you with this project is beyond me.

There are many ways to do this, no doubt.

I should be asleep...then again...maybe I am asleep

Attachments:

* Cost sheet (including TV's)

* Basic diagram

I went with the idea that each dance room had that dance room full screen on the monitor.

But in the common area, there's all 4 dance rooms in a quad view on the same 46" TV.

The Fire Stick solution for IP is pretty slick.

A 3MP IP system wouldn't be too much more and would reallllllly look great!

Recording wasn't a goal, but a DVR does the other job of displaying and monitoring well enough.

For the analogs (regular and SDI), have the powered splitter right near the camera..run one cable back to the DVR, the over to the TV in the same dance room

I suppose there's a powered splitter for TVI...I just haven't had to use one. But did one for SDI just the other day, worked fine.

Everyone's right, a low-quality-analog-image on a big 32" tv will look kinda crappy.

Assumptions:

* The cabling won't be too far, otherwise increase the cabling cost

* The Common Area TV is doable for HDMI distances from the DVR

* Each camera (non-IP-POE cams) has power available near it...otherwise add $40 for a power supply to be near the DVR and use siamese cable

* probably add $50 total for odds and ends such as BNC or CAT5 terminators as well as BNC-to-RCA plug adapters

* Doesn't include cost for tools (BNC or CAT5 terminator tools)

* Didn't get into costs for TV mounts either.

* I didn't go dirt-cheap on the DVR's...though Amazon does have a 4-channel IP NVR with both HDMI and VGA output for $99. An analog DVR can be down to around $60. But SDI DVR cheap? Not so much.

cams_cost_estimates.jpg.53a39f80c95475cde849596e38edce33.jpg

cams_basic_diagram.jpg.bf75acd6521f625a672735c1bd28a824.jpg

Ok, I am throwing myself on the mercy of the board members. Boogieman, if by chance you are still monitoring this topic, I can't seem to get my fat head around your suggestion of using the Fire Stick on each TV to display an individual channel from the DVR. I'm not understanding how the Fire Stick "talks" to the DVR system.

ZR1: The only difference between what we are trying to do and what you proposed is that there will not be any TV's in the dance rooms. the TV's will be in one central location. That's why I'm thinking the Fire Stick idea will work fine, if I can just understand how it works exactly.

Would anyone care to assist me with this?

Yes, Analog is the cheapest and simplest. If one NTSC analog camera output is to be displayed on a single monitor, the CVBS -NTSC resolution might be look too much soft on a single monitor.

As the cable distance can not be an issue, I would recommend HD-TVI or HD-CVI or HD-AHD system. These system is becoming as cheap as Analog system's. You can buy 4 cameras in one type (TVI, orCVI, or AHD) and Buy 5 DVRs of the same type. 4 DVRs are for dsiplaying 4 cameras, each 4 monitor. The one DVR is used to display 4 cameras on the 5th monitor. You can store the video data as well at the 5th DVR.

You need 4 signal splitters-very simple, T type splitter. Even though the camera output is halved, the backend DVR can capture and decode the signal without any problem. As monitors are supporting HD-1080P, go for HD1080P camera (one type of TVI/CVI/AHD). As you buy 5 DVRs, you can place 2 cameras for each room, if you can charge a bit more.