andersh67

Unable to forward port for specific camera

I have since before 10 different IP cameras both indoors and outdoors. I have them all setup in an internal IP range and the same with the ports and have no issues with forwarding the ports to the IP addresses and viewing them both inside and outside my LAN. I recently bought a new camera (TrendNet TV-IP310PI) and I am unable to change the port and forward it successfully. The camera comes with HTTP port 80 set default. As long as I don't change this I can view it within my LAN. However I am unable to forward the port. My router reports it is closed. If I change the port to the one I want to assign to it and forward I am not able to access the camera even inside my LAN even after rebooting the camera. Just to check the port forwarding I assigned that same port to one of my other cameras as well as changed the port in the camera software and I have no issues. The port shows open and I can access the camera.

What can be wrong when I try to setup this new camera?

Second issue with this camera is that it is ONVIF compatible but I am not able to see it in my ONVIF compatible NVR, when I have it set as default and working on port 80.

Are there different ONVIF standards? The whole reason I got this camera was to be able to add it to the NVR as well.

Attached are a couple of images showing what network settings screens look like for this camera.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.c671ba29bdab388efe80a43bc7d00019.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.4c52f86cb5285c21e25bf3b2e3b1fba1.JPG

Has anyone ever experienced something similar. I.e. there seems to be no issues with the port forwarding. It's working for other cameras. Only when I try to assign a port to this camera it is failing. The supplier support is telling me what to do which is exactly what I have done and still it is not accepting the new port. I can't even forward the default port successfully even if it works for other cameras.

What can be wrong? I am lost!

That is a rebranded hikvision 2032 camera.

Disable upnp and port mapping.

You dont need to change the http port..most routers allow you to have a distinct external port..so for example port 8484 can be sent to your cameras IP address at port 80..

Remember that to remote view this camera with the mobile app you dont need to forward the http port, only the media port though in your image, the firmware is not listing a media port which by default is 8000 on the hikvisions..

@Boogieman, awesome help! That did it, almost. I disabled upnp and port mapping. So far I have kept it at Port 80 and was able to forward that port to the cameras IP address. The port shows open right away. However I was not able to change the port I forwarded to another one and send to the camera which still has port 80 set. I'm going to try later to change the port in the camera as well which will probably work. I can now view the camera both inside and outside my LAN.

So just for my own knowledge - what is UPNP and Port Mapping?

@Boogieman, awesome help! That did it, almost. I disabled upnp and port mapping. So far I have kept it at Port 80 and was able to forward that port to the cameras IP address. The port shows open right away. However I was not able to change the port I forwarded to another one and send to the camera which still has port 80 set. I'm going to try later to change the port in the camera as well which will probably work. I can now view the camera both inside and outside my LAN.

So just for my own knowledge - what is UPNP and Port Mapping?

Great. Couple of things, if you are using an NVR, then dont forward each camera..only the NVR itself.

What router are you using? As indicated earlier, you can simply change the external port and leave all your cams at 80 for the internal port, because they have unique ip addresses.

http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/doc/20140512/UPnP%20vs%20PortForwarding.pdf

Well, unfortunately I was not able to assign a different port to this camera. It is lost once it reboots after doing this. But that's OK. I can run it at 80.

But as you say I can also forward the NVR. However I have not figured out yet what port to forward for that one. It's purchased from a company called B-QTech in China. It's probably a copy of rebrand of something else. http://www.b-qtech.com/en/index.aspx

These are the port settings I have there. Which of these should I forward to the NVR's IP address?

Capture3.JPG.0af20ff8411c07950766c423f248449a.JPG

Well, unfortunately I was not able to assign a different port to this camera. It is lost once it reboots after doing this. But that's OK. I can run it at 80.

However as you say I can also forward the NVR. However I have not figured out yet what port to forward for that one. It's purchased from a company called B-QTech in China. It's probably a copy of rebrand of something else. http://www.b-qtech.com/en/index.aspx

These are the port settings I have there. Which of these should I forward to the NVR's IP address?

[attachment=0]Capture3.JPG[/attachment]

You will have to look in the manual..probably only the media port..

What router do you have? you can usually set a distinct external port so you DONT have to change the port on the camera...there is NO NEED to change the port on the camera..zero benefit, if you router support a distinct external port, which most do.

Second issue. I am not able to add this camera to this NVR. They are both supposed to be ONVIF. However this NVR only finds the cameras I bought from China. This TrendNet(Hikvision) I got at Fry's does not show up in there even if I manually add it.

What could be the issue with this?

Router: Motorola NVG589 (AT&T Uverse)

Last time I worked with this Router, ATT had to do the port forwarding for me, as it was locked out so the user could not do it by themself.