Sign in to follow this  
xgsound

lorex bnc59 costco camera lens

I started with no info on cctv and found lots of great information here. Thank you all.

My son got the Lorex LHV828 1080p over coax from Costco and wants a solid view of the end of the driveway and walkway about 80 ft away.

My question is where to get a lens for a Lorex lhv2521 camera. It's stated specs are a 3.6mm f2.1 fixed lens for a 1/2.7" sensor. We think we want a 9mm or 12mm lens. I have found lenses for 1/3 and 1/2 sensors, but no 1/2.7 lenses. Can I use one of these sizes?

I also ordered a hikvision varifocal GW788HDSDI to see if it will work with the DVR even in the analog mode.

Jim

P1030603.JPG.7a209a9d7385619bc4a78ac8678e07b7.JPG

P1030605.JPG.c8c1247d139859cde1261a9ca0e7ac87.JPG

Can I use one of these sizes?

I had the same problem with my 1/2.5" sensors when I bought them. 1/2.5" lenses were around but cost a bomb at the time. I ended up going for 1/2" with no issues.

Use 1/2" but make sure it will fit inside the case. If you use the 1/3" on a 1/2.7" sensor you will get shadowing at the corners of the image.

Remember you will get more zoom with the bigger lens on the smaller sensor.

How many newcomer mistakes am I making?

The hikvision varifocal GW788HDSDI arrived today. The boy's DVR is in another city. N/ADoes adding a BNC to RCA adapter for tv viewing really work?N/A I was going to test the camera by using a male BNC to male RCA and attaching it to the tv component video input via the cameras yellow analog output. I got no signal. I know the 12V is working because the IR lights up in the dark.

** pleasant update 3:00AM here** The 12V supply I was using only put out 9.5V. A proper 12V supply allowed the varifocal to work with the yellow analog connector for preliminary adjustment. The green HDSDI plug shows no signal.

Jim

More info from another source says the GW788HDSDI will not work because the Lorex DVR is basically HDCVI. SDI and CVI are not compatible. I ordered a 12mm and a 16mm lens to try for little money. I'll record results here for others.

Jim

Zoom for the Lorex LHV828.

The lenses I picked worked for 80 to 100 ft ID! I got mine from Amazon for < $7 each. Here are their general specs;

IR board lens Product Name: CCTV Lens; Image Format: 1/3"

Mount: 12 * 0.5mm; Focus Length: 16mm, 12mm Aperture: F2.0; Angle of View: 21 Angle Dimension: 14 x 13.4mm(H*D); Color: Black

With 16mm it gives about a 4x zoom on this system and camera. It could read a license plate in daylight at 100 ft and a person filled half of the screen height. Just remove the glue with a drop of carb cleaner, screw out the old lens and screw in the new one until you get focus. I also ordered 12mm and 25mm to experiment more. That 12*.05mm thread is a key requirement.

Jim