Sign in to follow this  
sk78

Vehicle CCTV Help

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me identify a suitable independent power supply that i can connect a DVR and at least 1 camera to. The DVR will require 12v 3Amp Power and the camera 12V 1Amp and will be used for a maximum period of up to 1 hour. The reason i said independent power supply is because we don't want to connect to the vehicle's battery.

We want to use this setup so we can record diferent day and night footage with about 5 different cameras. A client has asked to compile footage of each camera in order to demonstrate the picture quality of cameras they sell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me identify a suitable independent power supply that i can connect a DVR and at least 1 camera to. The DVR will require 12v 3Amp Power and the camera 12V 1Amp and will be used for a maximum period of up to 1 hour. The reason i said independent power supply is because we don't want to connect to the vehicle's battery.

We want to use this setup so we can record diferent day and night footage with about 5 different cameras. A client has asked to compile footage of each camera in order to demonstrate the picture quality of cameras they sell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

You need a dual battery system.

You can run your cameras and NVR off the second battery but still charge it all from the vehicle's charging system.

You can buy them on ebay.

If you get a 40Ah Deep Cycle Battery you can run it for two hours and still only be at 20% depth of discharge. That is good for battery life.

Thanks for your reply and helpful suggestion.

I will give it a go as you have outlined.