badmop

Running Power and Video Cables next to each other...?

What can you do if you need to run power and video cables next to each other?

I am having an issue of ghosting from 2 cameras that are beside each other. I have run separate video lines for each of the cameras to try and get rid of the ghosting but it made it only slightly less noticeable. I'm not sure if it's the power causing it or what, but if you have 2 cameras under an eve of a house right beside each other, what can you do to shield the cables from each other. (As the way it has to be run, the cables are all having to go through the same hole and they are touching each other.

The cameras have BNC connectors that goes from the video cable into the cameras.

Thanks

Firstly

What voutage are you running along side the cables for camera video

Secondly have you installed a big enough power supply to

Cope with the runs and are these two cameras a long way from the power supply

Sorry, for lack of info, I wasn't thinking.

12v 4a power supply, the power cable is only about 30 feet away.

They are 1200TVL 84IR led cameras, nothing special, but the picture isn't bad for SD.

Thanks

Firstly

What voutage are you running along side the cables for camera video

Secondly have you installed a big enough power supply to

Cope with the runs and are these two cameras a long way from the power supply

No, the only thing "pre-made" are the pigtails that come off the cameras, and then my BNC connectors, then it goes to cat6 cable for video (2 separate cat6 cables for 2 cameras, as I tried to eliminate the slight vertical right to left ghosting)

The power cable with a Y to split the power at the cameras is a siamese cctv cable, but I'm only using power on the siamese cable.

thanks

Are these pre-made cables that came with the cameras?

Are you sure it is a power issue or a ground loop issue. try taking the power off from on camera and see if it still has an image problem then repeat with the other. 12v on siameze should not be a problem as we have had multiple cables tie wrapped together near the dvr s with no problems.

I forgot to add this the other day, okay... The 2 cameras next to each other, they have a ghost image that moves vertical right to left. You can see things from Camera 1 in Camera 2, and the images from Camera 2 in Camera 1

(like the outline of a building that's camera 2 is pointed at, ghosts into Camera 1) vice versa.

Okay, but if you unplug ONLY the video cable from 1 of the cameras, the ghosting and vertical right to left disappears. Doesn't matter which video cable you unplug from either camera. Even with the power still going to the camera, weather you unplug the video cable at the camera, or at the DVR end, it will clear either camera right up.

Again, the video cables for each camera are now separate cables run, before they were in 1 cat6 cable, but I tried to fix it by running a 2nd dedicated video line. Still same thing, just slightly less noticeable.

Thanks

Are you sure it is a power issue or a ground loop issue. try taking the power off from on camera and see if it still has an image problem then repeat with the other. 12v on siameze should not be a problem as we have had multiple cables tie wrapped together near the dvr s with no problems.

Any ideas? I'm going to be doing some work on the system soon and I'd like to have a general idea of what the solution could be, as I do not know much else since they are on separate video lines and still the issue exists slightly.

Adding plenty of electrical tape around the BNC connectors? camera and DVR side?

Thanks everyone