Sign in to follow this  
zavas

Avigilon: Live video stream twitching

I have strange problem with Avigilon 4 - at full screen Avigilon PTZ cameras live video stream starts twitching every time the mouse pointer is moving. If the live streams are not in full screen mode - everything seems fine. (Sometimes twitching is visible on other monitors). If the mouse pointer is not moving - everything is fine.

Server and client is on same workstation. Workstation is quite "meaty" 2 x i7 processors, 32 Gb of RAM, 4 x nvidia GT 630 video cards. 4 full HD monitors for monitoring.

28 analog cameras running 13 FPS, one avigilon HD camera running 13 FPS and 2 avigilon PTZ cameras running 25 FPS.

Server does not seems to be working hard, processor and RAM is barely used. When avigilon PTZ cameras are in full screen mode and mouse pointer is moving there are some load for video cards, but the load is not constant, it is more like "spikes" from few percent of GPU load to nearly 70 % of GPU load for a second.

Limiting frame rate for PTZ cameras or changing "Display quality" does not solve the problem. It seems that PTZ camera stream is something special that causes twitching. Maybe someone had some common problems?

can you post a link to the an .ave export showing the twitching?

when changing the display settings even set to med. or low there is no change? or high?

how long is the cable run to the ptz? is it a single cat5e/6 or going over coax or what?

how much total incoming bandwidth is coming in to the server?

oh and just remembered something - which version of ACC 4.x ?

i remember versions previous to 4.10 there was some latecy issues with PTZ's and this was

improved with version 4.12 which if you are not running you can download for free and update.

also, if you purchased your ACC 4.x licenses and activated them after Sept. 2012 you are entitled to

a free upgrade to ACC 5.x which i would highly recommend. upgrading is easy and i can explain how if you want.

eric

Video cards drivers are up to date.

Twitching is only visible in live view and while mouse pointer is moving - recorded video is smooth.

Changing "display quality" or limiting video stream bandwidth does not change the problem.

Avigilon is 4.12.0.54 Enterprise

Avigilon PTZ cameras are connected trough short (max 10 meters) cat 5 cables, external power supply is used. I do not think I am coping with network problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28slfpmecjelmat/AACflpKwlo9Nq9mX146elPaga?dl=0

I think it is more related to something like here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/776465/geforce-700-600-series/multi-monitor-setup-massive-desktop-game-lag-dwm-exe-nvidia-driver-issue-/1/

just a troubleshooting step - what if you minimize all other client windows on the other 3 windows and just use 1 video panel on one monitor?

When the one video panel is full screen it is sending the high res stream which could be probably 4-12mbps of

data but that should be nothing with the system you are running.

i'm with ssmith what are the stats in performance monitor? inc network bandwidth, memory, cpu, disk, etc..

i'm assuming you are using 7200rpm sata drives and server in client settings is set to LAN and not WAN.

also, has it ever worked fine and now just twitching?

and lastly - i'd probably call avigilon tech support to open up a case and let them help out.