Antichraldo

Design advise/revision for workplace system

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at the CCTV system im planning to my workplace, i dont have much experiences with it and id rather spend bit more money on devices than ordering design and installation, especially as i have compentent electrician/technician already on the payroll. Im not present in the site on daily bases so external monitoring is important.

Objective: Main objective is workplace monitoring during the workhours to cut down slacking, also to help out with the security especially outside the building as well indoors.

Environment: Large open spaces mainly - total square measure is around 7000 m2. Its production facility for garden cabins (wood) etc. That means there is a saw dust present. Indoors are well heated but outside temperature can drop down to -35 degrees during the winter period.

I've decided to go with Axis cameras, i've some previous experiences with them and tho they are quite expensive iom happy with their overall quality plus i expect reliable manufacurer as im facing saw dust and low temperatures outside.

My max budget is around 15 000 euros / 11 000 pounds, that seems reasonable investment that should cover the investment in terms of higher productivity im hoping to achive - that covers cameras, mountings, software etc.

Design itself:

Room 1:

W: 20 meters; L: 100 meters. One large open space. Ive figured that best solution is one 360° camera in middle of the room. Salesman advised me to use AXIS P5512-E as it has IP rating and can do 360. Also it should be able to cover one entrance at the end of the room (50 meters from the location).

Room 2:

W: 20 meters; L: 75 meters. Same as room 1 but L: is 75 m instead of 100, therefore i thought same P5512-E will should get the job done. This camera also covers one entrance.

Room 3:

W: 20 meters; L: 25 meters. Small room, 1 stationary camera will do. Axis P1355-E.

Room 4:

Corridor between room 1 and room 2. L: 30 m, W: 5 meters. One stationary camera should do. Axis P1355-E.

Room 5 and 6:

Identical warehouses L: 50 m; W: 25 meters. Both warehouse has door large door to outside tho products in the warehouse cannot be lifted without the forklift. Warehouses can be used to access other listed rooms. From the negative side lighting is very low even during the daytime and temperature can drop down to -30 during the winter. I cant use domes in center of the room like in room 1. Ive chosen 1xAxis P1357-E for each room as it should have good quality and can handle low temperatures.

Outside cameras:

Ive attached building plan:

I need one dome to cover the entrance room and same camera could also cover part of the courtyard (marked green), planning to mount it to the corner of the building and it should cover 270°. It should be able to detect face/license plate from 100-150 meters. I have no idea what to use in here P55 and P54 series that id like to use in here are -20 C max without extra heating and thats something i wouldnt like to use. There is also one green marker on the bottom of the plan to monitor area behined the building - this camera is not as important - its rural area and accessing it is not as easy but i still want to have something in there. Step up from here - 6th series are quite expensive and might be bit of a overkill in term of my needs - maybe someone could advise something else, however im still willing to invest in to decent dome.

274334_1.jpg

Blue markers are 2 stationary cameras and im thinking about using same Axis P1357-E as inside warehouses - during daytime its not a problem but lightning might be a problem during nighttime.

Last but not least i'd need some help to pick proper software to manage it. Ive been advised to use Milestone Professional. However my only previous experience is Axis Camera companion and i dont have knowledge to compare Milestone with its competitors.

As a storage device i have one Synology ds1513+ 5x4TB i can use so i dont have to purchase any new storage devices.

About Perk Payroll

Brio Perk Payroll Simple & reliable cloud payroll for Indian businesses. Delight your employees every payday. Get rolling with cloud-based payroll software that's secure, scalable and maintenance-free. Make your employees smile with timely, accurate paychecks Best-in-class Software
Manage your attendance and payroll anytime, anywhere, any platform. Never miss tax deadlines.

it should cover 270°. It should be able to detect face/license plate from 100-150 meters. 

It does worth to import your site plan into any Cctv design software to check pixel density at 100-150 m distance. 

If by detect face/license plate you mean recognize you will need at least 125 pixels per meter. If you need a picture quality for  identification you will need 250 pixels per meter.pixel-density-ppm-ppf.jpg

I think you will be surprised.