k2b13

Please help me pick the best choice:

Hello,

I am looking to buy a good security camera to keep it outside, and a dvr box. I had taken a look at some PTZ Cameras, but I don't know which one I need.

Please direct me to a good PZT Camera with the combination of a DVR Box.

Thank you.

thank you. could you recommend me a dvr box to get with this camera? I also will need cables, from the box to the camera - about 60 foot, could you recommend me all of this?

also, I saw in your profile picture a ptz camera, this is it? It looks very nice. I wanted to know what the mount behind the camera is called, since I want to put it on a concrete wall.

thank you. could you recommend me a dvr box to get with this camera? I also will need cables, from the box to the camera - about 60 foot, could you recommend me all of this?

also, I saw in your profile picture a ptz camera, this is it? It looks very nice. I wanted to know what the mount behind the camera is called, since I want to put it on a concrete wall.

Understand that that is a low resolution analog ptz-its 2015, no one should be using that. ...what are you using this camera for? You may be much better off with a fixed high definition camera. What is your budget?

You can pick up one of these and get MUCH better imagery, record directly to sd card and power and transmit data of a single Ethernet cable

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-4Mp-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-IP-camera-network-camera-DH-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-Support-POE-Micro/638300_32396199848.html

Understand that that is a low resolution analog ptz-its 2015, no one should be using that. ...what are you using this camera for? You may be much better off with a fixed high definition camera. What is your budget?

You can pick up one of these and get MUCH better imagery, record directly to sd card and power and transmit data of a single Ethernet cable

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-4Mp-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-IP-camera-network-camera-DH-IPC-HDBW4421R-AS-Support-POE-Micro/638300_32396199848.html

I need it to cover an entrance to a building. I would like to get a high-quality camera. I would like to budget up to $400 - for one camera, dvr box, and all cables which are necessary.

Thank you.

If you are covering an entrance you dont need ptz...are you going to sit there and man the camera?

If you only need a few days of storage you can get the 4mp dahua (3.6mm lens) and record to SD card. You will need a 20 dollar poe injector to power it.

If you want a NVR you can use this

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-NVR-DH-NVR4208-DH-NVR4216-POE-switch-Plug-Play-8CH-Up-to-2MP-Onvif-Network/638300_32374937737.html

If you are covering an entrance you dont need ptz...are you going to sit there and man the camera?

If you only need a few days of storage you can get the 4mp dahua (3.6mm lens) and record to SD card. You will need a 20 dollar poe injector to power it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dahua-NVR-DH-NVR4208-DH-NVR4216-POE-switch-Plug-Play-8CH-Up-to-2MP-Onvif-Network/638300_32374937737.html

Okay. So with this box, which compression format and channel output do I need? I understand that channel output is how many cameras in total, so if I have one - 8ch is more than plenty. But with the compression format - I do not know the difference. I also don't know which camera to buy with this set, I was looking at:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HFW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/638300_32327131317.html

Is this a good choice? Now in total I understand; the camera has an ethernet port that goes into the poe injector to power it, from the poe injector it goes into the dvr box - then the dvr box is connected to a monitor.

As well, the box is located outdoors, and I would it to record at least around one week, better if it was a month.

One last thing: please, could you give me links for all of the necessary items ( box - camera - others ), that way I can just buy exactly what you say.

Edited by Guest

Okay. So with this box, which compression format and channel output do I need? I understand that channel output is how many cameras in total, so if I have one - 8ch is more than plenty. But with the compression format - I do not know the difference. I also don't know which camera to buy with this set, I was looking at:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-Original-Dahua-IPC-HFW4300R-Z-1080P-gun-waterproof-network-camera-3MP-IR-ip-camera-cctv/638300_32327131317.html

Is this a good choice? Now in total I understand; the camera has an ethernet port that goes into the poe injector to power it, from the poe injector it goes into the dvr box - then the dvr box is connected to a monitor.

As well, the box is located outdoors, and I would it to record at least around one week, better if it was a month.

The compression method is just a way to select if you want 8ch or 16ch with or without built in poe...see the chart in the image...

get the 4mp, it has better night image..

The compression method is just a way to select if you want 8ch or 16ch with or without built in poe...see the chart in the image...

get the 4mp, it has better night image..

I have selected the following... is this good to go?

274479_1.png

The camera you selected does not have an sd card slot if you want that...Also, you have to understand what you are ordering.,..600tvl is NOT the image quality...they just use they to select the lens type..choose the 3.6mm lens for a standard install or the image will be too zoomed in...

The camera you selected does not have an sd card slot if you want that...Also, you have to understand what you are ordering.,..600tvl is NOT the image quality...they just use they to select the lens type..choose the 3.6mm lens for a standard install or the image will be too zoomed in...

Okay, I have selected the following:

274482_1.png

Now in regards to the SD card. I would prefer it to record onto a box, since the location of the camera will be quite hard to reach.

I read a little bit, and I understand now: its a network box - allows me to view the video live through an ip or some portal. If that it is, that works very well for me. But some sort of recording is probably still needed.

Okay, I have selected the following:

274482_1.png

Now in regards to the SD card. I would prefer it to record onto a box, since the location of the camera will be quite hard to reach.

I read a little bit, and I understand now: its a network box - allows me to view the video live through an ip or some portal. If that it is, that works very well for me. But some sort of recording is probably still needed.

Yes that will work fine...

I do not agree to Boogieman's recommendation. Quite surprising as I know he advocates all the time HighTech, Expensive Systems including Mega Pixel IP Cameras, High End NVRs,etc, for all applications.

Please make sure the points below.

The camera shows 4MP that may mean HD Mega Pixel, but claiming 600 TVL as a Horiz resolution that may mean for old analog camera sensors. The NVR claims to support "MPEG-4" which is quite old compression standard, advanced by H.264. Please get Boogieman's confirmation whether the NVR can even support the camera before placing orders

I do not agree to Boogieman's recommendation. Quite surprising as I know he advocates all the time HighTech, Expensive Systems including Mega Pixel IP Cameras, High End NVRs,etc, for all applications.

The camera shows 4MP that may mean HD Mega Pixel, but claiming 600 TVL as a Horiz resolution that may mean for old analog camera sensors. The NVR claims to support "MPEG-4" which is quite old compression standard, advanced by H.264. Please get Boogieman's confirmation whether the NVR can even support the camera before placing orders

Sunny I know from your posts that you know better than that. So PLEASE stop misinforming the poster.

These are true HD cameras as you can clearly see from the spec. The nvr and the camera are NOT using mpeg4 but rather h.264.

The reason why its the listing has the TVL and mpeg options is simply to let the user choose the type of lens, 2.8 3.6 etc and to allow choosing different options in the NVR like poe and the amount of channels. This is done because ali express does NOT have the option to let the vendor input the lens size. There are NO analog sensors on Dahua cams..the tvl numbers are added by the vendor in lieu of selecting the lens size. The vendor does the same think with hikvision cameras

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-hikvision-3megapixel-3mp-array-30m-IR-Network-Dome-DS-2CD2332-I-support-POE-free-shipping/638300_1396985171.html

Do you understand now?

You are deliberately misleading the op...these are the LATEST cameras from dahua. You know this and a purposely misinforming. Shame on you.

Please stop recommending old analog junk to users. If 80 dollars for a camera is expensive then you are in the wrong line of work. Also please note that sunny works for a company that sells analog cards for pc...analog should not be used on a new install of this type.

The only thing the op should confirm is that the NVR can support 4mp..its lists 5mp and 3mp...I am pretty confident that it will record the 4mp..worst case set the camera to 3mp..

Sunny I know from your posts that you know better than that. So PLEASE stop misinforming the poster.

These are true HD cameras as you can clearly see from the spec. The nvr and the camera are NOT using mpeg4 but rather h.264.

The reason why its the listing has the TVL and mpeg options is simply to let the user choose the type of lens, 2.8 3.6 etc and to allow choosing different options in the NVR like poe and the amount of channels. This is done because ali express does NOT have the option to let the vendor input the lens size. There are NO analog sensors on Dahua cams..the tvl numbers are added by the vendor in lieu of selecting the lens size. The vendor does the same think with hikvision cameras

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-hikvision-3megapixel-3mp-array-30m-IR-Network-Dome-DS-2CD2332-I-support-POE-free-shipping/638300_1396985171.html

Do you understand now?

You are deliberately misleading the op...these are the LATEST cameras from dahua. You know this and a purposely misinforming. Shame on you.

Please stop recommending old analog junk to users. If 80 dollars for a camera is expensive then you are in the wrong line of work. Also please note that sunny works for a company that sells analog cards for pc...analog should not be used on a new install of this type.

The only thing the op should confirm is that the NVR can support 4mp..its lists 5mp and 3mp...I am pretty confident that it will record the 4mp..worst case set the camera to 3mp..

Hi Boogieman,

I have made the order for those two items, now I will wait. Thank you for your help, and I probably ( if I don't forget ) will post here once I have successfully set everything up.

Once again, thank you.

Do you understand now?

Boogieman, I did not realize TVL number goes with recommended lens size. I am not quite familar to such terms in that field. It is quite shame that 4 Mega Pixel can be only represented as 600 TVL. But you seem to sell old IP cameras, as H.264 has been around 10 years. In our term, do not recommend a knife for a Bull to be for a knife for a chick. Every penny counts for all involved. Visit at ubiqmicro to see what I am doing for.

If I may, to help clarify. (I could be wrong, but this is just my thoughts)

Okay, TVL does mean quality with analog camears, BUT on aliexpress they have used TVL with a conversion chart to allow choices of LENS type with HD cameras.

You know what I mean? Is that correct? Since aliexpress is limited in options when listing their products for sale, they just used TVL to list as an extra option for choice of LENS Size.

That's what I gathered from looking at the cameras on aliexpress yesterday.

Do you understand now?

Boogieman, I did not realize TVL number goes with recommended lens size. I am not quite familar to such terms in that field. It is quite shame that 4 Mega Pixel can be only represented as 600 TVL. But you seem to sell old IP cameras, as H.264 has been around 10 years. In our term, do not recommend a knife for a Bull to be for a knife for a chick. Every penny counts for all involved. Visit at ubiqmicro to see what I am doing for.

Badmop is correct. Its only used as a representation on ALIEXPRESS...its NOT the actual tvl of the camera. Its simply used to select lens size becuase the seller CANNOT have buttons for 2.8, 2.6, 6mm..etc..buy from any other place and you can select the lens size normally.

I dont sell anything. Thats the difference between me and you. You have an agenda - to sell analog pc cards. There is no excuse to be installing cheap analog junk in 2015. 1.3mp cameras can be had for 60 dollars that will blow away your junk. Its MUCH easier to install as well since you only have to run a single ethernet cable and you are done. The fact the h.264 has been around for 10 years is irrelevant - its excellent and meets the needs of todays 3-10mp ip cameras. Do you even know how many cameras you would need to saturate a gigabit network? This is a non issue - the fact that you bring it up is again pointing to your deliberate attempt to mislead to drives sales to old outdated gear. Please stop. You can then easily integrate ip the cameras with most VMS software, and not rely on buggy software with minimal features included in your cards. You can also use it with a cheap NVR...So lets take the op for example. He has a solid system for 260. He easily add 7 more cameras. No need for a pc, your junk cards, nothing. Super high resolution. I dont know how you can even look at analog anymore, i get headaches looking at that blurry crap.

Keep us updated on when you get your order and how it goes for you

Do you understand now?

Hi Boogieman,

I have made the order for those two items, now I will wait. Thank you for your help, and I probably ( if I don't forget ) will post here once I have successfully set everything up.

Once again, thank you.

Hi guys, new to this forum.

Just a quick comment about getting a camera or hardware of Aliexpress (there are quite a few links to merchandise from Ali posted here) - make sure you specify you want English firmware!

Just speaking from recent experience as the hardware is brilliant (Dahua 3MP PoE IR cameras)

If you don't you'll get everything in Chinese &, unless you can read & understand it, will find it pretty difficult to set up your equipment.

Cheers!

Do you understand now?

Hi Boogieman,

I have received all of the items. Are there some sort of directions which I can follow so I can connect the system properly?

Do you understand now?

Hi Boogieman,

I have received all of the items. Are there some sort of directions which I can follow so I can connect the system properly?

If you bought the dahua nvr with the dahua camera, it should be plug and play...

If you bought the dahua nvr with the dahua camera, it should be plug and play...

Okay, I had done the following:

Camera - connected via Ethernet Cat5 to the POE Switch

POE Switch: connected via Ethernet Cat5 to the DVR

DVR: connected via VGA to a monitor

I turn on the system, but on the monitor nothing shows up. Maybe I am connecting something improperly?

I turn on the system, but on the monitor nothing shows up. Maybe I am connecting something improperly?

yes, if the NVR does not have poe and you are using a switch you need to enter the ip address of the camera into the NVR....dahua generally comes static from the factory at 192.168.1.108....if your router is not on the same subnet you will first need to change the ip address of the camera.

yes, if the NVR does not have poe and you are using a switch you need to enter the ip address of the camera into the NVR....dahua generally comes static from the factory at 192.168.1.108....if your router is not on the same subnet you will first need to change the ip address of the camera.

Okay, I am slightly confused if I have done everything correctly.

Does the NVR need to be connected to a router connected to the internet?

Do you connect the Camera via ethernet cable through a POE Switch into a the same router?

Does the NVR require a hard drive to be installed for it to work?

Maybe you could give me a basic idea of the layout of what needs to be connected to what?

Now I understand: the camera goes through a poe switch into a router. The NVR goes into a router as well. Then I can open the camera through the software through any other computer connected to the ethernet?