StoneX

3G/4G Streaming Issue with Hikvision 2332

Hi guys,

I've spent a few hours searching and trying different settings but still cannot fix this problem so I'm hoping someone here can please possibly help.

My issue is that using the iVMS-4500 iPhone app I can view my camera running when on wifi through it's direct internal IP, my external IP and my HiDDNS but as soon as I'm on 3G/4G obviously the internal IP doesn't connect at all but the external and HiDDNS both just bring up the video image but the picture does not change (no counting of the time). I've left it for 5+ minutes and it never refreshes the image. The only way to get a new still video image is to go into "Devices" and choose "Start Live View" again.

I read that some phone carriers block port 554 so I changed that to 1070 and forwarded both 1070 and 8001 (changed from 8000 in case that was an issue too) in the router.

Does anyone have any ideas why i'm getting a still video frame rather than streaming video over 3G/4G?

Thanks in advance

[edit]

IP Cam Viewer Pro streams fine over 3G so I'm guessing it's a setting in the iVMS-4500 app.

OK, since no one seems to know the answer to that i'll ask what might be an easier question.

I have set up a spare NAS with the camera so I don't need to have a PC or NVR for now. This records everything fine. Live viewing through my browser is smooth. But playback with the web interface is jerky/stuttering. If I right click the video and download it to a local folder or if I use Windows Explorer to browse the NAS folders and play the video files directly with WMP or VLC, they play fine. So the video is recording fine, the NAS is able to stream the video smooth directly but through the camera's web interface is isn't smooth.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Is there any software that works like the web interface and can read from the NAS?

I couldn't work out how to do it with iVMCS-4200. It wanted to read from it's only folders (PCNVR_RECORD_FIL\Package000) that it created.

Their 'Local Playback' software would only fine the physical drives on my PC, even when the NAS location was mapped as a drive.

Thanks again.

[edit]

I removed the Storage Server from iVMS and then Playback automatically showed the videos that are on the NAS. Unfortunately, iVMS is jerky/stuttering like the camera's web interface. I assume iVMS is getting the video via the camera as iVMS has no information about the NAS location.