wmblalock

Dahua CVI DVR Problem w/ Tour Feature

I have two Dahua HCVR5108H-V2 HDCVI DVRs, and both have the same problem.

The "Tour" feature does not work properly.

Regardless of the settings I choose, it cycles through all channels and all layouts.

For example, this is an 8CH DVR, and my customer wants channels 1-4 to cycle through on the screen, one at a time, every 5 seconds, then repeat.

Regardless of what settings I change in the Tour tab under system, it cycles through all 8 channels one at a time, then 4 at a time, then 8 at a time, then 9 at a time, then starts over 1 at a time.

I have emailed Dahua a week ago with no reply.

I am guessing it's a firmware bug, but I have no idea where to get firmware as there is not any on Dahua's website.

I purchased the item from 123securityproducts.com under the "cantek" name, which I assume is just their house brand name since they can't list items as "Dahua".

Any suggestions of how to get the "Tour" feature to work properly, or get updated firmware?

My current system version is 3.200.0001.4

Been there. You actuallt have to "untag" the parts of the cycle that you do not want to be on the tour.

It is weird to explain, but that has happened to me too. And it was just a matter of configuring it right. Feel free to post picturs of the settings so I can try to help you.

I just figured it out... of coarse, after I make this post and look like a moron " title="Applause" />

I had to go through each "Split" item in the drop down list (View 1, 4, 8, 9) and remove all the cameras from the view type I didn't want, and then remove the cameras that I didn't want from View 1 to achieve what I wanted.

It's definitely not the most intuitive design, but thankfully, it does work.

It would be nice if the manual had some info.

Thanks for the help!!