Sign in to follow this  
cptech

Solution for 110 IP Camera

Hello Guys,

I need help. I have been looking a for a solution to replace 110 cameras and VMS in one property. The solution must not include a licensing for each camera.

So, after doing a lot of research- I came across with LuxRiot Enterprise Edition for Unlimited cameras but I am having a hard finding a good camera to go with it. Budget per camera is $200-$250 ( with Motion Detection). 85 Dome cameras and 25 Enclosed Cameras.

Aside from LuxRiot, I also looking at iVMS 4200 but not sure how good it is to handle 110 cameras. and I dont know where to buy iVMS 5200.

The property has brand new server with 30TB each with Xeon Quad Core Server and I think this should be enough as for the server.

Anyone can help me?

iVMS 5200 is not released yet in the US.

iVMS 4200 works only with Hikvision cameras

Luxriot = you get what you pay for.

Are you the end user or installer?

Thank you.

I am an installer. I like HikVision but I haven't tried the iVMS. Im deploying their standalone NVR. The client wants to maximize their their current servers as they just purchased it. If I can stick with Hikvision that would be great. I can split the # of cameras between the two servers to balance the loads. What is your thought about the the iVMS 4200 as far as the admin and regular user accessing the cameras remotely? Remotely meaning, the same network without mobile access. The client dont want internet access on it.

The solution must not include a licensing for each camera.

Well that certainly narrows it down to like.... Nothing but junk.

Agree. Most of the VMS I found cost around $100/license.

Do you know any solution with cheaper cost per license?

The solution must not include a licensing for each camera.

Well that certainly narrows it down to like.... Nothing but junk.

Agree. Most of the VMS I found cost around $100/license.

Do you know any solution with cheaper cost per license?

I would go with the 4200 software if they insist but I would also give them a 30 demo of Avigilon. How are they going to use this system and who is going manage it.

I would go with the 4200 software if they insist but I would also give them a 30 demo of Avigilon. How are they going to use this system and who is going manage it.

@thewireguys - thank you!! I was checking iVMS today and the setup seems easy.

As for the Avigilon, do you know how much the license cost per camera? I sent them an email to inquire but no one has responded to me as of yet.

The usage is very basic, only the security personnel (1 computer) can access to View the cameras(live). The client just want something that is recorded and be able to playback to certain date for investigation purposes. Seems like iVMS will work without having to worry about the licensing part.