proton32176

Lower Sub-Stream Bandwidth

I need some help from you guys.

I have a Hikvision system consisting of the 16 Camera/ 16 poe NVR and 10 of the Hikvision Exir 2CD2332-I 3 MP and one of the Hikvision 2CD2432F-IW 3MP

Cameras.

The Internet Speeds are 10 up/ 6 dwn at the NVR and 6 dwn / 2 up at the location I am using to monitor.

I am using Hikvisions Browser Plugin with Firefox to monitor.

Here’s my problem.

Up until last week I could monitor all 11 cameras at the same time without hiccups.

I just used the 16 camera grid to monitor and if something of interest was noticed I would maximize that camera.

It is now no longer to do that as I get constant hiccups and stuttering even in the Grid View.

The only thing that has changed is I went from a 1024x 768 monitor to a 1080p monitor. I don’t see how that should make a difference but it has- either that or my internet speed has been lagging for the last two weeks.

But either way now the internet connection can’t keep up using the 16 grid setup even when I maximize to one camera. However using the four camera grid the live view can keep up just fine.

You guys know more about this than I do but it appears that with the 16 grid it is pulling bandwidth from all 11 cameras even when only one is maximized.

However in the 4 grid setup it seems to only pull from four cameras at the time. And under those circumstances the internet connection can still keep up.

Like I said- until two weeks ago getting a Thumbnail Live View from all 11 cameras was not a problem but now it is hard to maximize any of the cameras without stuttering.

And in the 16 grid now even the thumbnails stutter as well.

It seems that I am now pulling more bandwidth than I did before and the internet connection just can’t keep up. But like I said- the only thing that changed is the monitor I am using at the remote location- no settings were changed in the NVR or cameras at all.

I am assuming the thumbnail views in the grid are the sub-stream and when you maximize you are tapping the main video stream.

Is that true?

If that is true is there a way to cut the sub-stream quality while not affecting the maximized view or Recording quality?

If it is possible where is it configured, through the individual camera interfaces or in the NVR’s configuration menu?

The Thumbnails don’t have to be high quality and they could drop quite a bit and still be useful but I do need at least 720p when maximizing.

To answer the most obvious question someone is going to ask:

I am monitoring from my office so this is a business phone account. I checked into increasing the office bandwidth and the amount they want ( because it is a business) is absolutely ridiculous.

Try going from $75.00/ mo for the 6 up/2 dwn to $175.00/mo for 10 up/5 dwn.

If there is a way to fix this by cutting the sub-streams bandwidth without affecting the maximized cameras quality I would appreciate knowing how.

Most of what I see in the NVR configuration menus applies to cutting the main-streams quality, FPS, or max kbps but nothing about the sub-stream.

I am out of town right now and can not access the individual cameras interfaces until I get home later in the week so I figured I would ask now.

Any help would be appreciated and just out of curiosity – is it possible for a higher resolution monitor to pull more bandwidth than a lower resolution monitor when none of the systems settings have changed?

I need some help from you guys.

...The only thing that has changed is I went from a 1024x 768 monitor to a 1080p monitor. I don’t see how that should make a difference but it has- either that or my internet speed has been lagging for the last two weeks.

And there's your most likely problem. Your computer is probably not up to the task, you are streaming a good amount of HD Video, and the computer is not powerful enough to display the information in realtime, since is taking a while to compute all that data. What are your system specs? and also, try to lower the resolution to 1024x768 and see if it comes back to normal.

I doubt if it is the Computer:

Specs:

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz ( overclocked to 4.66 Ghz)

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PROFESSIONAL (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8 GB (4x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB (overclocked edition) Video Card

SanDisk Extreme PRO 240GB SSD

CORSAIR 750W Power Supply

WD- Velicoraptor 300Gb Hard Drive-Secondary

SATA DVD Burner

Is there a way to cut the Sub-stream bandwidth on the Thumbnails while leaving max view and recording quality intact?

Try the old 1024 X 786 monitor or change the resolution to same for an immediate and definite answer.

The computer does look more than capable, but that check should take less than 1 minute.

Make sure your system is 64bit (it probably is) and try (ugh) Internet Explorer as the viewer. Firefox has been limiting flash lately and Microsoft's active x is often the default player for a lot of security camera viewing.

Yes, try a different browser. I have had firefox stutter on flash videos from youtube on me, but I can play them no problem in chrome. Firefox has horrible memory leaks, but I'll be honest, I bet it is firefox as the above poster mentions.

It even happens on my octacore desktop pc with 16gb ram, etc. Firefox is great, but has problems at times under certain conditions.

Thanks Guys

My office is out of town so won't be able to try your suggestions until Monday morning.

Will try your suggestions and report back.

Thanks for your help.

Tried lowering monitor resolution and it made no difference.

But going to Internet Explorer did help some.

Had a similar problem last week but this time the whole system became inaccessible.

We have had a LOT of rain in Florida for the past 6 weeks and that may be what is causing this problem where it works great one minute and can't keep up the next minute.

Either way I do appreciate your help and have decided to use IE to view the system from now on rather than Firefox.

Thanks