binods21

Trying to use ddnscctv.com as the DNS provider

Hello,

I'm using a Kocom DVR, and i need to be able to monitor the cameras from an external network. I read up a lot on the topic and have come up with two ways i can do it. I can either get a public ip, which i would have to pay for, and forget about it. OR, i could do it through services such as dyndns, no-ip, and ddnscctv.com or acecctv.net.

I have extensively read up on port forwarding and since the DVR's client port is 7620 and the HTTP port is 81, i have been successfully been able to forward these ports. (verified by canyouseeme.org).

Since Dyndns and no-ip need constant registration and also because my DVR comes with a ddnscctv.com recommendation, i went to the website and registered a domain, lets say : xxx.ddnscctv.com.

Also in the DVR, i've enabled DDNS...here's what it looks like:

DDNS TYPE: ACECCTV.NET

Enable :YES

Domain Name: xxx.ddnscctv.com

Username: asdfghh (Should i put the DVR user name and password or the username and password i registered for at ddnscctv.net???)

Password : *******

This is where everything goes haywire.

When i put in the domain i just registered at ddnscctv.com, i get a timed out message. The DVR's local private ip is 192.168.1.2, which is the ip i used when i forwareded the ports.

When i created the domain at ddnscctv.com or acecctv.com, it gives me an ip which is probaby for the domain so it can be static.

I'm not a networking expert or even a computer expert at that, but what am i doing wrong???

Someone please help!!