abd08

Most stable stackable solution?

Hi All,

We have a total of about 40 cameras at our offices, and want to have the facility to monitor up to 64 of them. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints and functionality requirements, we cannot afford the standalone solutions.

After some research, I have found:

CP-3416 by I-View. 16 Channels, STACKABLE (2 cards, so 32 Channels)

CP-1320 by I-View. 32 Channels, too expensive!!

Geovision do not seem to have a stackable offering.

My question is, how stable/unstable would using 2 PCs with 2 CP3416's in them? Are there cards which are more tried/tested/stable out there anyone can recommend?

Ooops.. we want to record up to 7.5 fps per channel.

Thanks!!

Rajiv

Thank you for your reply!! =)

Ouch!! Since I already have most of the PC hardware, in terms of the actual DVR cards, to get all 64 channels, was looking at US$2000 maximum

Any way that could work out in your eyes?

You need more money. 40 camera deployment on a shoestring budget is just a bad idea. Your deployment is only going to be as quality as the equipment from cameras, power supplies, to head end gear.

Scottj

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear before. Here is everything to make it all 100% clear!!

We have (already):

31 Cameras installed

2 x 16 Channel Stand Alone DVRs

We are getting (v.soon):

9 new Cameras installed

We are getting (late 2006/start 2007):

20 new Cameras installed

The Stand Alone DVRs we already have are very low-end, so I thought we could just scrap them and salvage the hard drives. They do not support viewing over the internet, and the ethernet s/w is dismal to say the least.

We want to be able to (at a minimum):

1. View a single channel of video at a time over the internet.

2. See a still image of up to 16 cameras at once over the internet (so we know which camera number is where!!). This may take 4 viewings (60 cameras, 4 viewings of 16 covers them all right?)

3. Be able to playback video from a single camera at a time while still recording

4. To be able to control/view everything from my PC on the office network.

The budget for the recording/viewing side (ie: the DVR cards) I have been set is about US$2000. This completely excludes the cost of the PC, and extra Hard Drives needed, and the cost of the cameras/cabling. Purely for the DVR cards.

What solution would you recommend given our limited budget? If I had to go over budget, what do you think is the minimum I can spend for the above requirements. Can always try appealing to the boss!!

Thanks!!

Rajiv