ryoung8918

Opinions on KT&C EX190SWX?

I'm setting up a camera system around the outside of my house. I'm looking for a good camera for the $$ and have found the KT&C EX190SWX for $76 online. The specs on the camera look pretty good, but there is always more to it than specs. I've spent quite a bit of time looking at many brands of cameras and am open to any suggestion for the best camera for the dollar. I'm hoping some of you with experience could point me at the best quality video.

The specs definately look good; Ex-View and 420TVL is a plus for that price range. Athough I did find it a little cheaper ($69.00) on another reputible e-commerce cctv site.

Where is this camera(s) going to be facing? What kind of night picture are you looking to achieve? How is the lighting? This will help us determine if that particular camera is best suited for your needs.

First, I live in a suburban area with street lights. One of the cameras will point toward the street in front of my house, and at my driveway in particular. One camera will be in back of the house pointing toward my back fence. On one side of the backyard, there is another major street with street lights, the other side is a neighbor with no light coming from that side. There is always enough light to walk without stumbling over things in the dark. At night with no moon, I can see stars directly overhead, but they are pretty much washed out by ambient light about 1/3 up from the horizon.

I would be open to a decent I/R CAM as well. I had bought a CMOS I/R (Swann DODC) for the front driveway view just to get started with but was disappointed with the video quality.

I have some Mace CAM53CIR that I am very happy with. I was able to purchase them off Amazon.com for just a little over $100 each. If you would like to see sample images let me know and I will be happy to send you some. I have the camera's mounted in very similar places as you have described.

I had bought a CMOS I/R (Swann DODC) for the front driveway view just to get started with but was disappointed with the video quality.

Stay away from CMOS. Only CCD.

You need a decent IR Bullet camera with 420+TVL and a 1/3" Sony CCD. The cam53CIR is a great camera for the money. I've had A LOT of experience with that camera and can say for the price you cant beat it.