Arieffin

Monitoring HDSDI, HDCVI, AHD, and HDTVI cctv cameras

Hello there! I have been not following cctv technology for quite some time.

I am beginning to get confused with the difference in "real life fact"

First, There are analog, HDSDI, HDCVI, AHD, and HDTVI cctv cameras.

My questions will be specific.

1. Which one that can be monitored directly plugged into a composite tv video, analog of course, HDSDI? HDCVI? AHD? HDTVI?

By means I use only tv, coaxial RG cables and no dvr. Simplicity in case I just need to temporary connect and monitor only with tv.

2. Supposed I have 1 HDSDI, 1 HDCVI, 1 AHD, and 1 HDTVI camera.

Which one that can be recorded using old analog D1 Dvr with coaxial RG cables? None?

3. Supposed, I have 1 HDTVI, 1 analog cameras and still using my old coaxial cables.

By using/replacing my old analog D1 dvr with HDTVI dvr, I can record both of them at the same time? I understand HDTVI dvrs are tribrid.

4. Supposed, I have 1 AHD, 1 HDCVI and still using my old coaxial cables.

By using/replacing my old analog D1 dvr with HDTVI dvr, I can record both of them at the same time?

5. Which one is better recorded at night monitoring?

Maybe someone has some picture sample for each camera type?

6. I know my old analog cameras will show red fainted light in night mode, and I noticed there are cameras with infra red that show no red light at night. What do we called this type of infra red? Which one is better recorded?

I guess that are all for now. I know this questions might be seems funny for all tech guys, but I just want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

Thank you all!

Inserting my comments,

Hello there! I have been not following cctv technology for quite some time.

I am beginning to get confused with the difference in "real life fact"

First, There are analog, HDSDI, HDCVI, AHD, and HDTVI cctv cameras.

My questions will be specific.

+=> Yes. These are all new techs designed for sending/receiving HD sized video data over already installed cable.

1. Which one that can be monitored directly plugged into a composite tv video, analog of course, HDSDI? HDCVI? AHD? HDTVI?

By means I use only tv, coaxial RG cables and no dvr. Simplicity in case I just need to temporary connect and monitor only with tv.

+=> I do not think so. Please check the cameras whether outputting CVBS.

Then you can plug into TV for viewing

2. Supposed I have 1 HDSDI, 1 HDCVI, 1 AHD, and 1 HDTVI camera.

Which one that can be recorded using old analog D1 Dvr with coaxial RG cables? None?

=+> None: Old analog DVR can not receive those analog HD,

3. Supposed, I have 1 HDTVI, 1 analog cameras and still using my old coaxial cables.

By using/replacing my old analog D1 dvr with HDTVI dvr, I can record both of them at the same time? I understand HDTVI dvrs are tribrid.

=+> I think so, as long as your HDTVI dvr claims to do so.

4. Supposed, I have 1 AHD, 1 HDCVI and still using my old coaxial cables.

By using/replacing my old analog D1 dvr with HDTVI dvr, I can record both of them at the same time?

=+> AHD / CVI/ TVI are 3 different specs. Some DVRs are carrying those receivers in side box. Please search around.

5. Which one is better recorded at night monitoring?

Maybe someone has some picture sample for each camera type?

=+> No idea. You buy those and test them, if you are installer,

6. I know my old analog cameras will show red fainted light in night mode, and I noticed there are cameras with infra red that show no red light at night. What do we called this type of infra red? Which one is better recorded?

=+> No Idea

I guess that are all for now. I know this questions might be seems funny for all tech guys, but I just want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

Thank you all!