Sign in to follow this  
AlpineWatch

Need examples - 'ranch style' home ext. camera install

I've got the Costco 8 channel Lorex HD-DVI system and after bench testing in my living room I'm happy enough with it to go ahead and do the install.

How though? Home is a single story So. Cal 'ranch' style home. Concrete slab, attic, eaves without soffits, some stucco, some wood.

I'd like it to be a relatively inconspicuous install but I'm not sure how successfully I'll be. Also with the eaves without soffits, there's not a flat surface to mount to. Then there's the cable that is 6" long from the camera that then terminates to a BNC and DC power jack - if mounted on the eaves this will be exposed.

Anyone have any install photos they can point me to?

I've got the Costco 8 channel Lorex HD-DVI system and after bench testing in my living room I'm happy enough with it to go ahead and do the install.

How though? Home is a single story So. Cal 'ranch' style home. Concrete slab, attic, eaves without soffits, some stucco, some wood.

I'd like it to be a relatively inconspicuous install but I'm not sure how successfully I'll be. Also with the eaves without soffits, there's not a flat surface to mount to. Then there's the cable that is 6" long from the camera that then terminates to a BNC and DC power jack - if mounted on the eaves this will be exposed.

Anyone have any install photos they can point me to?

I hear Costco lets you take anything back no questions asked forever. It might be worth taking that one back and going for a different setup if you are after something with concealed cables, maybe look at a dome or eyeball type of camera instead of a bullet for something that is less conspicuous. If you are happy to void the warranty you can even paint to match. That system will be tough to make pretty.