normicgander

Software controlled DVR

Has anyone heard of a DVR which whereby the monitor outputs can be controlled via the remote viewing software client?

Say the DVRS are in a rack 30' from the monitors. The software client could be an effective way to switch cameras to the high res monitors. General monitoring could be performed on the PC software.

Thanks

basically you can do it with any DVR that gives you the Ascii commands ... at least once the DVR has that feature on the actual DVR itself.

Vicon have a new addition to their Kollector range that has a built in 16 x 4 switcher. This can be controlled remotely via the ViconNet software and allow you to switch Video input signals to composite monitors.

Ask about ViconNet Version 3

http://www.vicon-cctv.com

ICRealtime's DVRs can control the monitor output remotely from Web interface or Remote Monitor software. You can switch from multiplexed views (4, 6, 9, 16 windows) to individual cameras, the same way as you are using the front panel of the DVR.

Thanks Jeely Belly- I'll check out Vicon's new line and software.

Thanks CCTVcharlie- I'm confused because Matt said I would have to use the IR remote control.

Rory- I was looking for a software GUI as part of the PC monitoring software, which will make it easy for the operators.

Thanks again to all...

Thanks CCTVcharlie- I'm confused because Matt said I would have to use the IR remote control.

Thanks again to all...

You can achieve this from the Remote Control but you can also control monitor output from the IE interface and Client Software as if you were in front of the machine.

Finally someone appriciate the AVTech/CPCam features.

All AVTech/CPCams DVR has this feature build in.

From the remote client side, whatever you click there will be translated to button pressed on the physical dvr. What you see on the client, will be what the monitor will be showing, including menus, search, etc.